Context menu entry in a different language

Hi,

For some reason, MBAM decided that it should have its context menu entries in the local language (as per the OS location), despite Windows being in English, and despite MBAM itself being in English.

That makes no sense. Why wouldn't MBAM respect my choices/settings? Why would it display parts of itself in a different language than the one chosen in its own Settings?

How do I fix that?

post-159315-0-71044500-1395834452_thumb.post-159315-0-12906500-1395834197_thumb.

It's set to 'Portuguese (Portugal)'.

I know that the context menu entry is in Portuguese because of that. That's obvious. I even say so in my post:

For some reason, MBAM decided that it should have its context menu entries in the local language (as per the OS location)

What I want to know is why is MBAM not respecting the language I chose (English) in the Settings.

• 1 year later...

What I want to know is why is MBAM not respecting the language I chose (English) in the Settings.

Simple. Malwarebytes is an American (USA) Company. And we all know about Americans (USA) and geography.

Trying to tell them that for instance, that there are more languages than countries in the world is futile.

Malwarebytes, don't worry, you're not the only US-company that censoreds up when it comes to langue settings, you are in a neat league with companies like Oracle and Intel.

But I can help you with a small story and gesture.

In the EU, I can work in Dresden (That's the Dresden in Germany), have a Swedish Keyboard, US-English Windows 7 Ent, set to Madrid Timezone (HQ) and I guess you get the picture...

If I set Language in a program, I want that program to use that language, and that language only. Simple huh? (Look at 7-zip and SumatraPDF, they has manage to do just that, so please, skip the "It's a limitation by windows"-crap.)

And now the gesture....

Pro tip: EU will soon come up with a neat little language law, that forces companies that sells softwares to EU citizens to do right, pay a fee and still forced to do the right thing, or just loose a market.. =)

Regards

Concerned sarcastic EU citizen. ^^

Noted....

Please refrain from the use of profanity and also from replying to very old topics.

Thanks for understanding...

Noted.

profanity, one of the building blocks to survive the dark north, sry, it still hangs around in July.. my bad