MBam 2.0 and Windows 8 - Expression Error Fatal in MSVCR100.dll

I've been running Windows 8 for awhile now and I've had Mbam 2.0 on it since it

came out.    I haven't applied any updates to win 8.0 recently (in the last 2 weeks)..

All of a sudden Mbam 2.0 refuses to run, I uninstalled it and went to install it.. I got

up to the "ready to install" and then clicked "install"  .. I get the following error box

Internal Error: Expression error 'Runtime Error (at 57:177):

External exception E06D7363.'

It then goes through the install, and the progress bar progresses but with these errors

popping up. about 3 of them

Then a last one comes up saying:

Runtime Error (at 49:522)

External exception E06D7363

And another at :  35:89..  then ultimately it fails to run

I went into Event viewer and it says the faulting module name is mbam.exe ver 1.0.0.495

timestamp 0x53165beb

Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll version 10.0.40219.325 timestamp: 0x4df2be1e

Exception code: 0x40000015

The module path shows it's the MSVCR100.dll that is placed into the Anti-malware path by

the installer

So I uninstalled again .. and now I'm running 1.75 again .. and oh it works fantastically!!!

hope the MSVCRT100.dll gets fixed soon ..    My windows 8 is basically stock with no

software installs, since I'm using it just to see how stable it is .. I kept it around to see what

the newer update soon to come turns out to be.

If anyone has thoughts on this error let me know.

Maybe it's time to downgrade to Win7 :-)

Anyways I hope that means something ..

• Root Admin

Difficult to say without further analysis.  I've seen this on a couple of systems and normally a clean removal and reinstall will fix it as long as there are no other issues going on with the computer.

Please do the following and let us know if you continue to have an issue or not.

MBAM Clean Removal Process

Thanks