Webroot SecureAnywhere: bad performance

Hello,

I'm testing Malwarebytes with one of the best Antivirus called Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete and i found only one problem:

If Malwarebytes has activated the malware protection, the system slows down. If you turn off the malware protection(from Malwarebytes), the system works fine.
I have tried to disable the "scan folders" option but i couldn't find a solution.

So,please, Malwarebytes should try this software with Webroot Antivirus and see how to avoid that Malwarebytes slows down the system.

CPU: Core i 5

RAM: 8 GB (normally between 19-22 of use with Antivirus and Malwarebytes).

Regards,

BlackStone 250

Hi:

MBAM is designed and tested to run alongside all of the major, popular AVs.

You don't say what version of MBAM you are running?

If it's not 2.0.2.1012, the you might want to clean upgrade.

If it is, then you still might want to try a clean reinstall.

Initial troubleshooting starts with these steps -- after reinstalling, you might want to set mutual exclusions between MBAM and WSA (see below)

(Obviously the screen shot shows a different AV, but is is just to illustrate the process.)

Thank You,

-----------------------------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

post-29793-0-35289400-1401332784_thumb.p

Hello Spam Hunters,

Thanks for your solution!

I have succefssully applied your steps and i could improve a lot the performance in Windows and now i can use the system with both security solution.

Also we have to know that in spite of that, we have a little less speed in the system because we have more than one security solution. Or it's what i see with Webroot Anywhere.

Please, remember that if you have more ideas, you're welcome!

Regards,

BlackStone250

Hello again,

Now i could see that i can use both protection but if i have more softwares opened with both protection (Webroot+Malwarebytes), the system slows down.

I could see that if i disable the antimalware protection from Mlawarebytes, the system works fine so it's not a problem if Malwarebytes is opened, is only the malware protection from malwarebytes that increase the resources and causes the pc slows down.

I repeat: it's not the  Malwarebytes website protection that is causing the pc slows down with other protection. Is the malware protection from Malwarebytes.

regards,

Blackstone250

Hi:

So, just to recap:

Have you CLEANLY upgraded to 2.0.2.1012?

Have you set mutual exclusions between MBAM and WSA?

Have you tried some of the suggestions in this pinned topic: Slow PC? Start Here

If you have done all of these and are still having problems, please read the following and post back the requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

(Please note, we need both of the FRST logs, as well as the mbam-check log that you already posted.)

Thanks very much,

Hi "daledoc1",

Thank you fr your help!

With your help now i can have both software working at the same time but please, we have to understand something: Webroot is one of the best antivirus protection in the world with an incredible working speed in the system. Malwarebytes introduce two incredible protections to websites and malware. The website protection is incredible and works fine with all the antivirus but the malware protection clash with the antivirus and this is the problem. So, i have informed this to Malwarebytes to improve the malware protection with Webroot but i think the problem here is that we have two malware protection and we can't have the same protection in both software.

Again, thank you for your help because now i have both software working but with the malware option disabled until Malwarebytes studies the software with Webroot.

Regards,

Blackstone250

Hi, again:

Yes, I understand that you very much like WSA. :)
I'm sure it is a good program. :)

But it would very much help if you could answer the 3 questions:

Hi:

So, just to recap:
Have you CLEANLY upgraded to 2.0.2.1012?
Have you set mutual exclusions between MBAM and WSA?
Have you tried some of the suggestions in this pinned topic: Slow PC? Start Here

MBAM is designed and tested specifically to run alongside all of the major, popular AVs, including WSA.
But, for some users on some systems, it is helpful to set mutual exclusions between MBAM and the AV.
That is why I asked if you had tried that.
It would help us very much to know:  YES, you did set the exclusions, or NO, you did not????

If you did not, I suggest that you please try to do so.

If you are still having a problem after that, then we need to see a bit of information about the computer.

So, I suggest that you please read the advice I provided earlier and that you please post back here with BOTH of the FRST logs when you are ready:

If you have done all of these and are still having problems, please read the following and post back the requested logs - Diagnostic Logs
(Please note, we need both of the FRST logs, as well as the mbam-check log that you already posted.)

Without the logs, it's impossible for us to help you.

Thanks very much,

Hi daledoc1,

HA,ha! i'm only saying that Webroot is a complete protection and this could be a problem but if you can help me, i will be thank you!

Please ask me all the information you need and sorry for no answer your questions. I will answer, here:

1_ I didn't have to make an upgrade because i installed the first time the version 2.0.2.2012 (before the instalation, i have disabled all the system protections to make an install without errors).

2_ Yyes, i have set mutual exclusions in both software and in all places where i could make this exclusions

3_  I have optimized the system with defragment, check disk,  windows temporal files, temporal browsers files.

Also, here you have all the files you asked me.

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Hi, again:

Yes, I understand that you very much like WSA. :)

I'm sure it is a good program. :)

But it would very much help if you could answer the 3 questions:

MBAM is designed and tested specifically to run alongside all of the major, popular AVs, including WSA.

But, for some users on some systems, it is helpful to set mutual exclusions between MBAM and the AV.

That is why I asked if you had tried that.

It would help us very much to know:  YES, you did set the exclusions, or NO, you did not????

If you did not, I suggest that you please try to do so.

If you are still having a problem after that, then we need to see a bit of information about the computer.

So, I suggest that you please read the advice I provided earlier and that you please post back here with BOTH of the FRST logs when you are ready:

Without the logs, it's impossible for us to help you.

Thanks very much,

Hi again daledoc1,

i'm not making spamming because i asked the mod. "Gonzo" to delete the duplicate post. I didn't have any other way to add more information in the same post!

regards,

blackstone250

Hi:

Hi again daledoc1,

i'm not making spamming because i asked the mod. "Gonzo" to delete the duplicate post. I didn't have any other way to add more information in the same post!

regards,

blackstone250

Yes, it appears that the mod team has removed one of the duplicate posts now. :)

It was very confusing for a time because you had 2 identical topics started (on top of this one), all for the same thing. ;)

It is true that regular members cannot edit posts until they have a certain minimum number -- the staff had to start that policy a while back because of abuse by other members.

I am not on staff, so I cannot provide details on what programs or processes or files MBAM would whitelist or how that would be done.

We would need to wait for the staff to advise about that.

Thank you very much,

I'm pretty bogged down for the week but remind me at the end of the week and I'll see if I can check on this myself.

Thanks

Hello AdvancedSetup,

I know you're very busy, but if you can help me in this issue with log files i uploaded, i will be thankful: Why when i activate the malware protection, the system slows down?

Regards,

Blackstone250

Thank you, AdvancedSetup, for your time.

Also, i would like to know why we can't activate the Malware protection from Malwarebytes without getting our system slows down, when we are also using Webroot Antivirus. Now i'm using Webroot Secure Anywhere 8.0 with only the websites protection from Malwarebytes. The website protection is great! And also add features that the Antivirus doesn't have but if i activate the Malware protection, i get my system slows down.

I have tried it in two different systems:

CPU 1

Windows 8.1, 64 bits

Core i 5

8Gb RAM

AMD ATI 7770 HD

Webroot SecureAnywhere

CPU 2

Windows 8.1 32 bits

Core 2 Duo

3GB Ram

Onboard ATI graphics 4400

Webroot SecureAnywhere

Note: i have disabled all software running in the background to try Malwarebytes Premium with Webroot Antivirus in a system without any malware or virus.

Regards,

XpertAdvisor.

• Root Admin

Okay I am not happy at this point as I already warned you about creating another account attempting to bypass the temporary hold on your account. Now you post again with a new account and act as though it's another user which is fraud. Both accounts will now be blocked and any future accounts found will be removed. I do not appreciate trying to be deceptive like that and waste time and resources that could be used for other users.

This topic will now be locked and no further assistance provided due to your deceptive actions.