Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has stopped working

Issue: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has stopped working

I have had this issue since early May.
Back in May I did a Forum search for "stopped working" and found this oldest entry dated 04.29.2012: mbam stopped working. In case the link didn't work: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/147808-mbam-stopped-working/?view=findpost&p=825041&hl=stopped+working
It actually has a resolution: run the MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x twice. So I did, back in May, and it worked. But only for a week or so, then it broke again, permanently.

So today I followed the MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x again, with the following results:
1. "Please make sure you check for updates at the end of the installation as well. The program should automatically update the database."
--- The installation ended with "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has stopped working". The program terminated and had to be manually relaunched.
2.  "...click on the Activation button. Then copy and paste your activation ID and Key into the dialog box. This should automatically enable Protection..."
--- Worked ok, but...
4. "... and offer to add an automated update schedule which you should allow or ensure that you create one on your own to keep the program updated."
--- This didn't happen.
5. "Now setup any file exclusions as may be required for your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and then enable your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it."
--- Found no such guides posted in the FAQ's. mbam-setup-2.0.2.1012.exe, mbam.exe, mbamscheduler.exe, and mbamservice.exe are all trusted in Kaspersky Pure 3.0 with no exclusions.
6. "Restart the computer again and verify that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is in the task tray running"
--- mbam is in the tray running, with a red flag. Systray icon returns the Dashboard.
--- "A scan has never been run on your system. Fix Now" returns "Checking for updates", and "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has stopped working". There is  a Close Program button. Close Program terminates mbam.
--- Update Now, Scan Now, Scan Now with Skip Update (starts Prescan then dies), and Systray icon Right click Check for Updates all return the same behavior.
--- Task Manager shows mbam.exe, mbamscheduler.exe, mbamservice.exe all running until Close Program is clicked, then mbamscheduler.exe, mbamservice.exe are still running and mbam.exe is not.
--- Systray icon doesn't disappear until moused over

So I did the MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x again: no happiness, still broken.

Is there any way to manually download and install updates, without using the built-in update process?

Thx!

Robert

Addition.txtCheckResults.txtFRST.txt

Hello Backcall4 and :welcome:

First, (but only if the MBAM program is running) please shutdown the realtime Malwarebytes Anti-Malware process: Go to the desktop Taskbar. See the blue-colored MBAM icon in the notification area.

Do a right-click on it with your mouse, and left-click Exit.

I have attached a zip file which you need to save to, and run from, your system's desktop.

Once saved, unzip it to extract all contents, which will be 2 files.

Next, double-click on the net_replacement.bat file.

It should run fairly quickly and in a command-prompt window.

I would suggest then a Logoff >> Shutdown >> Restart so that your pc is then in a new Windows session.

Then, please make sure that if any sort of web filter is in use, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com
Once that is done, restart Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (if it's not already running) and let me know if "Update Now >>" works normally.

Thank you.

Netconf-batch-file.zip