Is there still a way to get 1.75?

Don't get me wrong, I like 2.0.x, but I liked the old version more, especially its UI, which was a lot more robust.

I went to the download page but I do not seem to find a download link for 1.75 anywhere. Did I simply miss it or is it impossible to get it now from the official source?

Thanks in advance.

Hi:

You can download Malwarebytes version 1.75 from =>Malwarebytes Box HERE<= and click on the BLUE box titled Download (9.8 MB)
And you will need to configure it to turn off checking for program updates; otherwise, you will be notified of the version 2 availability for download and install.

NOTE: The reasons to use the newer version include: it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can also detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot because it offers native 64-bit support for 64-bit systems (1.75 does not).
Support for 1.75 will end in several months.

Thanks,

I'm glad to see that I can go back to 1.75, as 2.0.2 has gotten to the point that it's preventing any other applications on my computer from running properly.  I've submitted a ticket, but in the meantime I'd like to got back to not having mbam.exe hog 99% of my CPU by spending over an hour on a heuristics scan (I eventually paused the scan, and now my photo program is finally analyzing the files I downloaded over 90 minutes ago).

I've been running MB since 2008 and I never had any issues with it until v2.0 came out.  It ran invisibly in the background and the only time I ever saw anything from it was when the database updated.  It's only been in the past few months that I've had to actually allow updates, and only in the last week or two that I'm had the slowdown issue.

Hello and :welcome: , @paul1963:

We are disappointed to hear that you are having issues with MBAM 2.

Rolling back to 1.75 is not recommended, for all the reasons outlined in my earlier reply.

Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".
Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

In nearly all cases, we have been able to resolve performance issues with some basic troubleshooting.

But it would be easier for everyone if we could please assist you in your own, separate topic.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,