I'm getting BSOD when scanning (mbamswissarmy.sys)

• Root Admin

The logs indicate that you have MBAM Self Protection enabled. The program also has it's own built-in antirootkit driver so using the stand alone anti-rootkit scanner should not really be necessary.

Please try disabling Self Protection and then restart the computer. Then try scanning again. If you get another BSOD then please try disabling your antivirus and try again.

In either case please let me know the results.

Normally here is what I would recommend for doing a scan with the normal built-in anti-rootkit scanner.

Please open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkits, Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button. Remove any threats found
Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.

• Root Admin

Odd it would seem to be. 

Please try doing a clean removal. But for now don't reinstall temporarily.

Then temporarily disable your antivirus and try to run this stand alone version of our Anti-Rootkit scanner and let me know if you're still getting a BSOD or not.

Then once we're done here you can reinstall MBAM

• Root Admin

Both logs indicate that an invalid memory address was scanned. It could possibly be due to bad memory on the computer or possibly something else preventing read access.

Please download the following memory test ISO file and burn to CD then boot from the CD and test your memory and let me know the results please.

http://www.memtest86.com/

You don't need to pay for this, just download and use the free one.

Thanks

That would be strange if it was bad memory. I did a memtest86 scan like 4 months and it was fine. I built this computer like 10 months ago. What would be blocking the reading access? Like what file needs to be read access. I don't understand why does it crashes when Malawarebyte scans "Mbamswissarmy.sys".

• Root Admin

Ah... great work. Yes, true we do not support running the scans with %temp% setup on a RAM drive like that.

You should be able to uninstall any tools we've used and reinstall any programs now at this time.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Thanks again

Ron