Never ending at heuristic analysis: 54,000+ object detected!

I have been running Malware Antibytes for almost two years now.  Today, I decided to buy the Premium version and installed it on my computer. 

When I get to the Heuristic Analysis, the "detected objects" number goes crazy!  It won't give me a "review list" that I can click and see what it is finding.  The status bar keeps a blue bar that goes across a gray area on a continuous loop.  In the time it took me to write this short message, I am now at 57,000+ items detected.

I tried to "fix" this myself.  First, I tried contacting consumer service.  I wrote out a "ticket." 

Next, I went to the forum and read a few posts and decided to unistall the program and reinstall it.  I downloaded the unistall from your website and then reinstalled the program.  I reran the program and it acted the same as above.

Next, I went to the forum and read some more.  I thought maybe I'd download and run Chameleon.  I ran Chameleon and it stalled after a while so I called the cleverbridge number.  Cleverbridge said I didn't need Chameleon unless the Malware Antibytes wouldn't run at all. 

So, I went to the forum again!  I decided to list under Malware Removal Help because, after 5+ hours of trying to fix this, I am going crazy! 

Other things I have done, I deleted Microsoft Security Essentials, disabled Windows Defender, AND ran the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.  I even tried the old, "When all else fails, reboot." 

I am now at 62,000+ items detected!

HELP!

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

• Staff

Hello nginerd,

Sorry that you are having issues with Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Please do not take any action on items from your scan:

***NOTE: If your last scan was with database update  2104.07.26.09 and you have detected items that need attention (especially windows files) do not Quarantine those files, there was a bug with that update.

Thank you for the logs you have provided, please if you can can you also:

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post.
  • Click on the More Reply Options button, then click on the Browse button to locate your log then click the Attach button to attach the log to your post.

If you can also export the scan log from one of the scans where you had detected these large number of files.

All of these will greatly help us in determining what issue is happening.

Thank you,

Noah

• Staff

Hello nginerd,

Thank you for the logs. You have provided us with a protection log. If you have any, could you export one of the threat scan logs, in particular, the scan log where our scanner has detected that large number of objects.

Thank you,

Noah

• Staff

Hello nginerd,

How about trying this for us please. Run another threat scan, except after about 1000 detections, cancel the scan quickly. Let the scanner process the scan, so that we can have a scan log that shows what file name the detections have and where they are located (we dont need to know the full list of detections). If you could do that and then export us the scan log, that would be most helpful.

Thanks again,

Noah

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!