Does MBAM premium work with BitDefender Total Security 2015

Hello, I had bought BitDefender total securuity 2015 because In my opinion It was the best anivirus. However, I had read that MBAM pro was not compatible with BitDefender total security, but these were older versions of the year before etc. So, without a clear answer, I came here to see if bitdefender total security 2015 works with MBAM premium.

It would be a shame if I didn't work as I think both products are spectacular, but I don't want only one working out of the two, or both not working at all.

Thanks In advance, Idenfatical

AdvancedSetup is absolutely correct.  I use BD 2015 Total Security with MBAM Premium.  It is recommended that you add five (I think) MBAM .exe's to your BD Antivirus exclusions: mbam.exe, mbamscheduler.exe, mbamdor.exe, mbamservice.exe, and mbampt.exe.  Add the BD 2015 TS folder to your MBAM Premium as an exclusion.  I have experienced no conflicts on the two computers that I have which are running both.  I don't know that adding the exclusions is mandatory to avoid conflicts, but it is recommended on the BD Forums.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

The consensus on the BD Forums seems to be to exclude the five MBAM files I specified in my earlier post as "excluded processes" in Bitdefender Anti-Virus Settings, Exclusions, rather than just excluding the files or the MBAM folder.

I have seen no conflicts between MBAM and BD web protection apps operating simultaneously.  In fact, I also run Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium for protection against Zero day exploits.

My tower and laptop seem quite content.

Regards,

-Phil

• 6 months later...

AdvancedSetup is absolutely correct.  I use BD 2015 Total Security with MBAM Premium.  It is recommended that you add five (I think) MBAM .exe's to your BD Antivirus exclusions: mbam.exe, mbamscheduler.exe, mbamdor.exe, mbamservice.exe, and mbampt.exe.  Add the BD 2015 TS folder to your MBAM Premium as an exclusion.  I have experienced no conflicts on the two computers that I have which are running both.  I don't know that adding the exclusions is mandatory to avoid conflicts, but it is recommended on the BD Forums.

Regards,

-Phil

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I was about to install Malwarebytes Premium until and was searching the web for any advice and thank goodness yours was here cause now I can take "Precautions" before installing Malwarebytes Premium, I have BD 2015 installed already want avoid any conflicts that might happen..BIG THANK YOU :D

For the benefit of anyone else who has BitDefender security software, these are the suggested elements for placing the trust "exclusions".

How to configure Bitdefender Total Security to exclude Malwarebytes files -
Step 1. Open Bitdefender Total Security
Step 2. Click on "Protection"
Step 3. Click on the little white cog icon beside the "Antivirus" options
Step 4. Go to "Exclusions"
Step 5. Turn on "Exclusions for files" by pressing the dark square
Step 6. Click on "Excluded files and folders"
Step 7. Click "Add" and select "Browse"
Step 8. Navigate to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' or 'C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware', select desired folder and click "OK"
Step 9. Make sure that the option "Both" is checked and select "Add"
Step 10. Click "OK"

How to add your Bitdefender Total Security folder to Malwarebytes "Malware Exclusions" list -
Step 1. Open the Malwarebytes application
Step 2. Click on "Settings"
Step 3. Click "Malware Exclusions" in the left column
Step 4. Click on "Add Folder"
Step 5. Navigate to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\'  or  'C:\Program Files\'
Step 6. Click once on "Bitdefender" folder to highlight it
Step 7. Click on "Select Folder"
Step 8. Close Malwarebytes
Step 9. Reboot your computer <--Very Important!

Just as a very general, F Y I
Bitdefender has a set of generic articles on how to go about putting in trust exclusions.
You may also find these pages handy at Bitdefender support

for 2015  product http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-exclusions-%28exceptions%29-in-bitdefender-2015-1307.html

for 2014  product  http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-exceptions-1163.html