Malwarebytes 15 second delay on startup cannot be unchecked

I had to do the reinstall because of the Malicious Website disabled issue and this problem with the delay box checked persists. You can uncheck it but on reboot it is always back to being checked.

In fact you don't need to reboot for this box to become re-checked. Uncheck the delay protection at startup box, exit the program, re-start the program the delay box is re-checked. A new version bug I would suggest. Its occurring on more than one PC even after re-install.

Hi:

Until AdvancedSetup returns...

You wrote:

In fact you don't need to reboot for this box to become re-checked. Uncheck the delay protection at startup box, exit the program, re-start the program the delay box is re-checked. A new version bug I would suggest. Its occurring on more than one PC even after re-install.

It might help the QA team to see some basic system info.

Please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

I'm having this same issue. We all just reinstalled MBAM, of course, because a new version was just released. And we all just encountered this problem. What are the chances that all of our installations got messed up during the original install, and that a reinstall will help? (That's rhetorical.)

In any case, my own log files are attached.

To other forum members: Be advised that these log files contain user names, your computer name, many directory paths (e.g. your Firefox profile path), a list of every browser extension and search plugin you have, HOSTS file entries, some details regarding your MBAM settings (including specific domain exclusions), and so on. Just an FYI, not an alarm. Also, the Farbar utility creates a "FRST" directory under the root, which is left behind afterward.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

Hi, and :welcome: , dallas7, COBKA, & hapless   :

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button. (where we can help you in your own topic)

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox

Excuse me...but I started this thread.  Not only is this issue prevalent on my desktop, but it is the same on my laptop...so some things are common.  I believe that hapless is seeing exactly what I am seeing.  If version 2.02 doesn't have this issue for me, why should 2.03.  I believe it is a bug in the software.

I can always go back to 2.0.2 and NOT have this issue....

bobmitch, I know you started this topic, no one said you didn't... that being said, its is much easier on the helpers to go through the logs and provide fixes that are specific to your system. If too many folks piggy back off of your topic, the fixes will get confusing and not only that what works for one may not work for others, as there is no way that each computer is the same....

I appreciate what you are saying Firefox but as this problem is occurring on multiple computers I believe a more general fix is required. As with bobmitch I have the same problem on more than 1 PC, and its going to be pretty tiresome for both the helpers and the users to fix them all individually!

I think it is a common glitch.  I just thought that there might be a registry setting that could be changed to make it work to where one could disable the delay.  Right now, the only option many of us have is to revert to 2.0.2.1012...for it still works.  I appreciate all the feedback...

By the way...I have four licenses to the software.  All four machines...same thing...can't uncheck the delay option.

1.  Gigabyte X99 UD5 with i7 5820K  (Win 8.1 64 Bit)

2.  Dell Venue Pro 11 with Atom Processor (Win 8.1  32 Bit)

3.  Asus P8z77 with I5 3570K  (Win 7 64 Bit)

4.  HP Envy 17 with i7 2670QM  (Win 7 64 Bit)

The only correlation is Intel chipsets and processors...