MBAMService and MBAMScheduler still loading at start up

I have recently installed Malware Bytes and found that MBAMService and MBAMScheduler load at startup causing unwanted messages to appear. 

Now, I don't want MB to load anything at start up and want to use it only every now and again for a deep scan. So I disabled these items in MSconfig only to find that they still load even though these items remain unchecked in MSconfig. I can't even stop the services from running from the Task Manager (I'm running Windows Vista).

I have tried stopping the services through the command prompt but I am still not allowed access.

Can someone tell me how I can stop these annoying services?

Thanks

John

Hello and :welcome:

Sounds like you installed Malwarebytes and enable the Free Trial. If you want to end the trial, it will stop these services as well. Screen shots below will show you how to end the trial.

Also you can not make changes using MSConfig for Malwarebytes as Malwarebytes works as a service not a startup entry. Also just an FYI Msconfig Is Not A Startup Manager

post-29793-0-56228300-1401657004.jpg

post-29793-0-04638800-1401657027.png