Move license when original machine is dead

Hi,

We recently had a flood in our office, and one of our machines went for a swim.

That machine had a fully licensed copy of MalwareBytes AntiMalware that we purchased.

We now have a new machine in place and would like to install MalwareBytes on it.

However, from what I have read, I would first need to uninstall it from the original machine, and then use the same license key on the new machine.

Since the original machine is dead a buried, there is no way to uninstall MalwareBytes from it.

How can i install on the new machine and use the same license key?

I have sent an email to support, but it's been a few days and no answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Hello to you both:

Assuming that the license is a 1-PC, lifetime, consumer license, such a license can be used/activated on only 1 PC at a time.

Such a license can be transferred to a different PC in the same household.

The "best practice" is to uninstall MBAM Premium (or to "deactivate" the license, for version 2.x) on the old computer first and then to use the same license ID/key to activate Premium on the "new computer".

However, if the old computer is dead and will never be rebooted or used to contact the MBAM servers, then you should be fine.

The important thing is that the 1-PC license be activated on only 1 PC at a time.

Having said that, @buster3845: it sounds as if you are running MBAM consumer version in a work/business environment?

Please be aware that this is a violation of the EULA.

Use of MBAM in a business environment requires business licensing.

So, you might want to contact Business Support >>HERE<< to get help with sorting out the proper licensing.

@ferriswheel48: Unfortunately, a lifetime, 1-PC license can only be used on 1 PC at a time. So, you'll need to purchase a separate license for the 2nd computer. The new, subscription licenses require renewal, but they can be used on up to 3 PCs in the same household at one time.

Thanks,