MBAM Premium and Avast SafeZone conflict

Hi guys :)

I have no idea if this was ever reported here before, but at least I can´t find it.

There is an old conflict between MBAM Premium and Avast SafeZone, the secure banking tool that is present in the paid versions of Avast.

It has also been reported many times on the Avast forum by many users.

With MBAM Free and Avast SafeZone there is no problem.

But when you activate the MBAM Premium licence, a takes a few ( more than one ! ) reboots from Windows, and the Avast SafeZone browser doesn't respond anymore.

So far I ( we  ) didn't get a clear response from Avast what could be the problem here.

All I know is that they are redesigning the Sandbox and SafeZone at the moment for a release later this year.

What I don't know is if this is a bug from MBAM or Avast, but it would be nice if we can have this fixed.

I am Uberevangelist Rednose on the Avast Forum https://forum.avast.com

When needed I can provide you with contact information to Avast Development.

Greetz, Red.

Hi:

I don't recall seeing this mentioned often or recently.

Let's collect a bit of basic system info to assist the staff members.

Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

>>Also, have you tried setting mutual exclusions between MBAM and Avast?  Instructions for that are below.

Thank you,
------------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Thnx for the answer, but I am afraid you misunderstood me.

I am NOT reporting a bug currently on my systems, as I don´t use MBAM Premium at the moment.

This is a general bug reproducable 100% of the time.

Should I really put an image up to provide some tests ?

While the MBAM boys will have to do the same afterwards to confirm that there IS a bug.

Greetz, Red.

Hi:

I'm sorry that I misunderstood.

This doesn't sound like something readily resolvable here in the forum.

In order to provide assistance, the staff and helpers would need to see some basic information about systems that are experiencing the conflict.

Otherwise, without basic data and more specifics about the abnormal behavior, they would have no way to try to reproduce, diagnose or resolve it.

I will notify a staff member of your post, so that it can be passed along to the QA/dev team.

They would be the ones to reach out to Avast, if need be.

In the interim, you might want to consider logging a ticket directly with the Consumer Support Team.

To do so, please complete the web form >>HERE<< and someone will contact you via email.

Thank you again,