SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults errors

When I came to my laptop there was an error box having to do with the above topic. I click on "OK" and then I clicked on my mbam icon to open the program. The Dashboard showed my system as fully protected and no obvious problems, but then another of these error windows opened -- this time with a different code number. I clicked OK again. Then I clicked on update -- closed the program and then reopened it. So far there have been no additional errors, but I'd like to know what the two I received mean as it almost looks like something did not load.

I have attached the two error windows.

post-22338-0-34360700-1427486525_thumb.j

post-22338-0-18523700-1427486535_thumb.j

Hi:

It's hard to say without more data.

It may have been a hiccup during a database update, especially if it's a laptop and may have been asleep or hibernating.

And you didn't mention if you were recently auto-updated to the new build, 2.1.4.1018, or if you are still running 2.0.4.1028?

• Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

Three days ago I turned my laptop on after it had been shut down for about 10 days. Mbam ran an update and I had to restart. On the About ? tab I do show the latest update of 2.1.4.1018.

I've had my laptop on ever since as I've been going back and forth between my desktop and laptop. There have been no errors until this morning, when I walked in and that first code error window was on the desktop.

In posting above I told you there had been no more instances of this error, however, I left the laptop again for about 15 minutes and when I came back that window with the error code 2 was sitting there again.

I can't believe you would want me to copy and past those FRST logs here due to the length of them, so I am going to attach all three logs which you asked for.

P.S. Now that error window with the Code 2 keeps popping up all the time. I click OK to close it and in a short time it comes back.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

Hi:

Thanks for the logs.

Yes, attaching them is fine (I actually asked that you do so). :)

Until a staff member comes along to review the logs, they show a few things:

• It appears that you got an "on-top" upgrade to version 2.1.4 on 3/25
  • You have several PUPs in MBAM quarantine

I suggest the following, please:

1. Perform a "clean" reinstall, following the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.  If that doesn't resolve the issue, then:
  2. Delete your existing copy of FRST, grab a fresh download of the FRST setup file, and then post back with a FRESH set of all 3 Diagnostic Logs (FRST.txt, Addition.txt and Check-Results.txt).

We might need to send you over to the malware removal section for a deeper look at the system, to be sure you are clean.

Thank you,

Following this topic and noticed that it was suggested that you have a straight forward virus protection program as well as Malware.  I have both.. both paid and premium programs.  I also keep showing there are no  problems, etc. but I still get the same  DefaultsfailedCode2...      I don't know how to uninstall and re install these programs I have paid for..  this is why I have the programs.. to keep my computer clean and safe.  What do I do when I'm not able to manually fix these problems and there isn't anyone around that's savvy enough to do it for me.

Hi, and :welcome: , rescuemeplease:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button. (where we can help you in your own topic)

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox

Well, have I royally messed up now? Firefox posted that the file for the free and paid versions were the same so I have already removed mbam using that file found under Free version.

Further, I have no idea what to do with this instruction:

• Now setup any file exclusions as may be required for your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and then enable your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

I do think I remember entering some exclusions for my Emsisoft way back so that the two programs would run together without issue, but I would no longer no which files those were.

I'm ready to reinstall mbam when I hear back from you on this.

Hi:

Yes, as @Firefox explained, the MBAM installer file is the same for Free, Trial and Premium versions.

The only difference for "Premium" users like yourself is that they will "ACTIVATE" the program with their license ID and Key after they install it.

*Most* of the "reinstall" steps are basically the same in all 3 sets of instructions, especially for the steps to uninstall the program.

The reason there are 3 versions of the instructions in the pinned topic is because Free users don't have a paid license and Premium users do.

They need separate instructions.

The 3rd set of instructions is for users who only want to UNinstall MBAM, with no plans to reinstall.

So, once again, please take another look at the pinned topic here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

It may help to print them out before you continue.

Please resume at the point where you left off.

If you have already run mbam-clean, you ought to be ready to pick up the process here:

• <snip>
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, ensure that your antivirus is enabled and download the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here and save it to your desktop. 
  • Now close all open applications including your browser and again temporarily disable your antivirus as before and launch the Malwarebytes installer you just downloaded.
  • etc etc etc
  • <snip>

• Then please just continue with the rest of the steps in the first set of instructions for "Method 1 - Premium" in the pinned topic here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

As far as mutual exclusions with your anti-virus, they are not routinely needed.

I suggest finishing up with the MBAM reinstall first.

Then, if needed, we can assist you with setting those mutual exclusions, if you wish.

Thank you,