Regular blue screens

My laptop has been have regular blue screens for many months now.

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium.

This is the error message that appears after it restarts itself after a blue screen:-

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 7a
  BCP1: C0444BE0
  BCP2: C0000185
  BCP3: 6A5E8860
  BCP4: 8897C9CE
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\041715-40092-01.dmp
  C:\Users\margaret\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-146141-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I've used the disk repair tool a few times but it still keeps happening.

I'd really appreciate some help please.

Please place;   C:\Windows\Minidump\041715-40092-01.dmp  in a ZIP file and upload it.

• Take the files and put them in a ZIP archive file.
  • Create a new post.
  • Choose "More Reply Options" on the bottom Right of the Web Form
  • Now choose "Attach Files" on the bottom Left of the Web Form.
  • Browse and find your ZIP or RAR file.
  • Choose "Add Reply" and there's your post with your attachment(s)

Hi and many thanks for your reply.

I tried to access the minidump file earlier, before posting here, (so that I could copy and attach it to my post) but couldn't open it. I accessed it via program files, then windows, then minidump. Found the correct file but couldn't open it to copy it.

As you can tell, I am not a techie! So, I need further instructions about how to access and copy the file for you please.

Thank you.

You don't "open" a file to copy it.  You Right-Click on the file "041715-40092-01.dmp" and choose "Copy"

Then you go to an easily accessible location and where you You Right-Click and choose "Paste".

How to create a compressed ZIP file

I've attached the minidump file as requested. Don't know if the zip file is going to work, as I had an error message saying "file not found or no read permission". If I clicked on "ok", the zip file disappeared but if I ignored it, it stayed there. So, let's see if it works or not... 

I said there would probably be a problem with the zip file, because I received an error message every time I tried to create it.

I've just tried again and the same thing happened. I right clicked on the file, then "send to", then selected "compressed (zipped) folder". Then I get the error message, "file not found or no read permission". 

A zip file is created but you have said there is nothing in it. I assume it will be the same with the ones I just created now, as I get the error message every time.

What do I do now please?

You do not have access rights.

1.  We need to make sure you logon with administrative privileges.

2.  Turn off UAC

Control panel --> User Accounts

Look under you account and see if it states "Administrator" like the below example

Find and choose where it indicates;  "Change User Account Control settings"

You will find a kind of lever control.  Slide it all the way down to "Never notify"

Reboot the PC.

Then try to insert the DMP in the ZIP and upload it.

May I suggest something David? :) 0x7a Blue Screen of Deaths are often associated with bad sectors on the drive or a failing hard drive. It might be a good idea to run a CHKDSK /R on the drive and get the log after to see if any bad sector was found or not. After that, it could be a good idea to test the health of the drive with GSmartControl. If David don't mind, I can walk you throught both process unless he wants to take over, simply let me know.

On a side note, next time if you want to attach dumpfiles without having to disable the UAC, you can simply create a new folder (on your desktop for example), than copy and paste inside it all the files inside C:\windows\minidump. The reason you cannot archive the folder itself is because you don't have Admin Rights. However, if you were to launch the Windows Explorer with Admin Rights, you could archive the folder without any problem. Just thought I would mention it :P

Aura's suggestion to run CHKDSK /R is good as it falls in line with the failure in ataport.SYS.

If CHKDSK indicates bad sectors then we'll know its a hard disk problem.

If there are no Bad Sectors found by CHKDSK, the next step will be to get assistance in;   Malware Removal Help  indicating continuous BSoD events in ataport.SYS with a possible RootKit as the cause.

Thank you David :) Blue, follow the instructions below in order to run a Chkdsk on your drive.

EndqYRa.pngCheck Disk (chkdsk)

Follow the instructions below to run a CHKDSK scan on your Windows partition;

• On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command chkdsk /r (there's a space between "chkdsk" and "/r") and press on Enter;
  • A message will be returned, stating that the drive cannot be locked because it's already in use, and you'll be asked if you want to schedule the scan for the next restart. Enter y and press on Enter;
  • Restart your computer, and the chkdsk scan will be launched automatically;
  • WARNING: Depending on your hard drive (specs, free space, fragmentation, etc.) this scan can be relatively long to complete. Give it all the time it needs to finish. Do not interrupt it for any reason there is, or you might be damaging your drive in the process and make your Windows unbootable. It's suggested to let this scan run overnight or when you leave the house for a few hours (when you go to work for example). If you are running this scan on a laptop, don't forget to leave it plugged in;

Once the Chkdsk scan is complete, we'll need to grab the log. SevenForums have a tutorial that shows you to find it. Please follow it and then copy/paste it here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/96938-check-disk-chkdsk-read-event-viewer-log.html