Real-time Protection won't come on.

Malwarebyte requested a reboot after an update and real-time protection went off when the PC restarted.  I went to advanced settings and re-checked the boxes for real-time and even after rebebooting the dashboard still shows real-time protection not enabled.  I have the Premium edition.

Hi:

Is this the same computer as >>here<<?

If so, it would be advisable to stay with your helper there.

Working on the same computer in 2 different venues simultaneously creates confusion for everyone.

After your helper gives you the "all clear" in that other topic, he may refer you back here, if needed.

Thanks for your understanding,

Hi:

Sure, you can try a clean reinstall of MBAM, using the "best practices" explained here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

However, the ads reported in your other topic, and the inability to enable RTP reported in this thread may, in fact, both be related to malware/adware/PUP infection.

Reinstalling MBAM is unlikely to fully resolve those issues if they are due to malware or other problems.

It's impossible to say without more information (diagnostic logs).

The work to diagnose and clear infection and to resolve your issues is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

It's certainly up to you.

As you already have an open, working topic in the malware removal section, we respectfully suggest that you please stay with your helper in that other topic.

He will guide you through the scanning, cleanup and repair.

He can also assist you with getting MBAM up and running.

Thank you again,

Well, I haven't had a recurrance of the audio ad thing since the update to Firefox yesterday afternoon and before that it was pretty much constant.  I'll do the reinstall per your best practices and head on back to the other topic if things don't work out..