two different pop ups from malwarebytes

I sometimes get a pop up saying "a new version of malwarebytes anti-malware is ready to be installed" sometimes it is just the box saying that alone, but other times it pops up with a menu behind it that looks like this: https://learn.winona.edu/images/thumb/0/0c/StudentMalwarebytes1.png/500px-StudentMalwarebytes1.png

How can I stop this. thank you

Hello stefanosv and :welcome:

This is a Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) sub-forum and since you probably meant to post in the Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Help sub-forum, we will request a Moderator/Administrator move your thread there.

The popup notices you are receiving/seeing are because an updated version (2.1.6.1022) of MBAM2 is available for download/installation to bring your outdated (2.0.2.1012) version up-to-date.  Although the called for update is most highly recommended, you still may choose to stop update checks/notices (not recommended) by unticking the "Check for program updates when checking for database updates." box:

Open the MBAM2 GUI/Dashboard > Update Settings > Update Options.

Reference: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Users Guide - Update Settings - Update Options.

Again - allowing your outdated free MBAM2 product to update is highly recommended and you would do well to consider upgrading to the Consumer Premium version for superior system protections.

Cheers. :)

This is a Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) sub-forum and since you probably meant to post in the Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Help sub-forum, we will request a Moderator/Administrator move your thread there.

The popup notices you are receiving/seeing are because an updated version (2.1.6.1022) of MBAM2 is available for download/installation to bring your outdated (2.0.2.1012) version up-to-date.  Although the called for update is most highly recommended, you still may choose to stop update checks/notices (not recommended) by unticking the "Check for program updates when checking for database updates." box:

Reference: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Users Guide - Update Settings - Update Options.

Again - allowing your outdated free MBAM2 product to update is highly recommended and you would do well to consider upgrading to the Consumer Premium version for superior system protections.

Okay thanks is there a reason why one pop up has the menu behind it and sometimes it doesn't?

Okay thanks is there a reason why one pop up has the menu behind it and sometimes it doesn't?

Eh nm

I sometimes get a pop up saying "a new version of malwarebytes anti-malware is ready to be installed" sometimes it is just the box saying this alone, http://i62.tinypic.com/2644cp0.jpg

but other times it pops up with a menu behind it that looks like this: https://learn.winona...lwarebytes1.png

Is there a reason why it pops up in two different ways, and are the for the same thing? Thanks

Hi:

OOPS!

It looks as if you have an identical post for the same issue here: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/167802-two-different-pop-ups-from-malwarebytes/

Rather than uploading your screen shots to a third-party hosting site, would you kindly attach them here in the next reply to this thread?

To do so, please follow these steps, as shown in the screen shots:

• Click the "More Reply Options" button in the lower right of the message pane
  • Click the "Browse" button, on the lower left, near the paperclip
  • Navigate to the log file on your desktop
  • Double-click the file to load it
  • Click the "Attach This File" button
  • Repeat for the other logs

Thank you very much for your patience,

P.S. The forum moderator team may merge this thread with your other one, to reduce confusion and clutter.  No worries, though. :)

post-29793-0-91458400-1430424760_thumb.p

post-29793-0-72633900-1430424764_thumb.p

Hi:

OOPS!

It looks as if you have an identical post for the same issue here: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/167802-two-different-pop-ups-from-malwarebytes/

Rather than uploading your screen shots to a third-party hosting site, would you kindly attach them here in the next reply to this thread?

To do so, please follow these steps, as shown in the screen shots:

• Click the "More Reply Options" button in the lower right of the message pane
  • Click the "Browse" button, on the lower left, near the paperclip
  • Navigate to the log file on your desktop
  • Double-click the file to load it
  • Click the "Attach This File" button
  • Repeat for the other logs

Thank you very much for your patience,

P.S. The forum moderator team may merge this thread with your other one, to reduce confusion and clutter.  No worries, though. :)

Sorry. Again I was wondering why I get two versions of the same pop up. One of them pops up only with the ""a new version of malwarebytes anti-malware is ready to be installed" window and sometimes I get that window but with the menu behind it.

​Sorry for my English it's my third language 

post-186863-0-12098100-1430425068_thumb.

post-186863-0-73175600-1430425108_thumb.

Yes.

As Firefox suggested, please close your other open programs and save your data.

Then, click the "OK" button to upgrade.

You may be asked to reboot the computer to complete the upgrade -- please be sure to do so.

Then, please post back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

post-29793-0-50060800-1430425588_thumb.j

Yes.

As Firefox suggested, please close your other open programs and save your data.

Then, click the "OK" button to upgrade.

You may be asked to reboot the computer to complete the upgrade -- please be sure to do so.

Then, please post back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ah okay, I was just wondering which one to use, as I said I get two different versions of the pop up, one with the malewarebytes menu behind it, and one without with just the "A new version" pop-up alone. So I assume it's fine to use either one? Im not too good with computers, ha

First: please follow the steps in my most recent reply >>here<<.

You will probably be prompted to restart ("reboot") the computer to complete the upgrade to version 2.1.6.1022.

Please do so.

Then, post back and we will go from there.

Thanks,

I know how to update malewarebytes, I don't think it is understood what I am saying, which is my fault because I am not being clear enough, what I am asking is if both of these pop-ups are from malewarebytes. Both of these pop ups, pop up randomly while using my PC I DON'T click on malewarebytes at all and they will pop up by themselves. I will post both pop ups below. As you can see one of them has the malewarebytes menu in the background and the other doesn't. I just want to make sure these are the same, and are both from malewarebytes. I am asking because I had another program not malewarebytes do something similar once, and I ended up downloading a virus from clicking the wrong pop-up. So I just want to make sure both of these are pop-ups from malewarebytes and not something else. I am just confused because I am getting two different versions of the same pop-up and im weary. Thank you. 

post-186863-0-18284100-1430429654_thumb.

post-186863-0-18151300-1430429662_thumb.

Yes, they are both from Malwarebytes. :)

They are different messages.

The small one is telling you that you have an outdated, old version of the program (it is version 2.0.4.1028).

It is trying to get you to update the program to the current version, which is 2.1.6.1022.

The big one is the "GUI" or "dashboard".

It is trying to tell you the same thing -- that your program version is outdated.

So, to make both of these "popups" go away, you need to please perform the correct steps in the correct order.

First, please click "OK" in the popup as shown in the picture below.

That will update the MBAM program to the current version, 2.1.6.1022.

It will probably prompt you to reboot the computer.

When you have done that, please post back and we will go on to the next step. :)

Thank you,

post-29793-0-39570400-1430430086_thumb.j

Yes, they are both from Malwarebytes. :)

They are different messages.

The small one is telling you that you have an outdated, old version of the program (it is version 2.0.4.1028).

It is trying to get you to update the program to the current version, which is 2.1.6.1022.

The big one is the "GUI" or "dashboard".

It is trying to tell you the same thing -- that your program version is outdated.

So, to make both of these "popups" go away, you need to please perform the correct steps in the correct order.

First, please click "OK" in the popup as shown in the picture below.

That will update the MBAM program to the current version, 2.1.6.1022.

It will probably prompt you to reboot the computer.

When you have done that, please post back and we will go on to the next step. :)

Thank you,

Ah okay I see now, Thank you. I just was a little worried, I had this happen in the past, where I got seemingly the same popups for the same program that where just a little different and one of them turned out to install a virus on my computer, which wasn't fun :(. So when I saw the seemigly the same two popups aside from the menu in the back, I was a little weary to click one of them, before making sure they where both from malewarebytes. I had just now install the updates, and rebooted my pc, and everything is up to date now. Thank you for the help! 

I had just now install the updates, and rebooted my pc, and everything is up to date now. Thank you for the help!

Great!

I'm glad you were able to update successfully.

Is everything OK now?

At the very top of the dashboard, it should say "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Free) 2.1.6.1022".

I have attached a picture of what it looks like from my computer.

It should look very similar to yours (yours should say "Free" instead of "Premium").

Also:

More info about v2.1.6 HERE

User Guide ONLINE

User Guide PDF

FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thank you,

post-29793-0-46460500-1430430894_thumb.j

I recently updated to the newest version of malwarebytes, and im having an issue. MWB keeps opening, randomly. When I exit out of it, 5 minutes later it will pop up again, it's very annoying as if im using another program it interferes with it, how can I stop malwarebytes from randomly opening, by opening I mean the GUI opening on my desktop, thank you

Hi:

Is this the same computer as here: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/167802-two-different-pop-ups-from-malwarebytes/ ?

Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thank you,

I actually just uninstalled MWB and Re-installed it, and it seems to be working fine now, I haven't had it pop up yet