MBytes on TaskBar and System Tray on Start Up?

Hi All,

Mbytes 2.1.8.1057  -ever since the last update when computer boots Mbytes is a minimized icon on the taskbar (look like notepad icon) and in the system stray as well (with the regular blue circular icon). I only want it in the system tray!

Prior to the last update there was a setting to achieve this, but I don't see it now.  Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

David_S

Hi:

Until a staff member has a chance to reply...

Several of us have seen/reported that behavior when upgrading to 2.1.8, upon first reboot.

I think the program is minimized in the TASK BAR because it is "automatically" checking for updates (the databases that ship with the installer are always "outdated").

If that process completes OK, it should disappear from the task bar and only be minimized to the system tray.

IOW, it only happens once.

Does that explain what you're seeing?

If it is still happening, please check your task scheduler for update checks.

If you have a task for "update on reboot", I suggest that you might want to remove that task (for now) and configure MBAM for the recommended/default HOURLY update checks, with a recurrence of every 1 hour, with no "recover if missed by" setting..

That should stop this behavior for now.

If not,

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Mbytes 2.1.8.1057  -ever since the last update when computer boots Mbytes is a minimized icon on the taskbar (look like notepad icon) and in the system stray as well (with the regular blue circular icon). I only want it in the system tray!

Prior to the last update there was a setting to achieve this, but I don't see it now.  Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

David_S

I had this issue as well.

This morning I removed all tasks from the auto scheduler.

I created the scan task I wanted and rebooted.

No sign of MBAM in task bar.

I then created an update task for an hourly update and rebooted.

No MBAM in task bar.

This seems to have solved the issue for me so far.

I am using Win 10 Pro 64 bit.