Selective internet connection problems after malware removal

dusty

Malwarebytes quarrantined malware and since then Windows no longer updates, Microsoft Secutiy Essentials won't turn on or update. Itunes program will not connect to internet. I am guessing files were corrupted by virus, removed by Mbam and then deleted. is a recovery point a way to reinstall missing/corrupted files, a reinstallation? How do i recover? I am on the net typing this on the machine, so it must be a networking issue, not a hardware problem. Thanks for any help. this was the site that did the damage. I downloaded their virus instead of audacity:   http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

Dusty

Hello and :welcome: :
Sometimes, malware removal can corrupt the Winsock stack or otherwise disrupt network connectivity.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.
Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will assist with cleanup and repair.

Thanks,

re: live link. I expected Malware operatives would want to study the virus. In quarantining the malware my software and funcionality was destroyed. Since the original post i have discovered that My recovery points have been ruined, too. That isn't what Malewarbytes should be about. How else would I get this info to them? If there is a virus input section, please send the link along.

Second I don't want anyone else to stumble into this viper's nest.

• Root Admin

Very unlikely a virus. Have not seen any "new" virus since about 2012 probably normal malware threats. Please go into your logs folder. History --> Application Logs

Export to text files (not xml files) the last few Protection Logs and Scan Logs and we'll review what's going on.

Thank you

Ron