Update and Scan

I am new to this forums so first I'd like to say Hello and sorry if I'm asking the wrong question or in the wrong area.

I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) 2.1.8.1057 (Malwarebytes is Awesome). I recently started using a program which can run programs installed on my pc for me with just one click and I'd like to add my Malwarebytes to it. I'd like to have it update and scan like my anti-virus does. I've tried to use parameters like /update and /scan, but these aren't working. The only thing it does is open Malwarebytes. Is there a way I can do this?

Hi:

Welcome. :)

There is currently no command line support with MBAM Consumer version 2.x.

So I'm not sure what you want to do is either supported or recommended.
And you don't mention what this other program is that you want to use to run MBAM tasks.

But I guess the real question is: why do you need a 3rd-party application to run MBAM Premium?
When MBAM Premium is properly installed and properly configured update checks and scans can all be scheduled directly through the MBAM Scheduler to run silently from the system account.  In fact, scheduled update checks and a daily threat scan are configured by default.

IOW, unless I misunderstand your question, the tasks you wish to schedule can be configured through the MBAM GUI, without the need for a 3rd-party program. :)

More info about v2.1.8 HERE
Version 2.1.8 Release History HERE
User Guide ONLINE
User Guide PDF
FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the response.

I use the third party app to schedule CCleaner and AVG Free to update and scan my computer (along with a few other things like create restore point, check for fragmentation over 7%, etc.) every Sunday night/ Monday morning at 2:00 am. Then it saves a report to my desktop of what has been done and shuts done my pc. I find it easier to do it this way rather than running everything one by one or setting schedules that may conflict with each other.

And again, thanks for the response.