^_^ Hello,

After some googling I installed your product ANTI-MALWARE. I noticed many websites refer to it as the "go to" product for malware scanning and removal.

The Problem:

I open the program, and go to the "Scan" tab. I select "Threat Scan" and then wait...

The scan gets to a point where it is just continuously finding "Detected Objects" (currently at 3,222).

My Questions:

Are you aware of any known bugs which cause this? (As after some googling, I can see it is not a new issue).

What do you need from me in order to assist me?

post-189828-0-07387500-1436457740_thumb.

Hello and Welcome!

More than likely its the detected items that are causing it to take longer to complete the scan, one thing you can do is wait and see if it completes and then remove the items.

That being said, We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum. Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

^_^ Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm fairly sure it's a ANTI-MALWARE issue. I've seen quite a few users online with the same problem. After cancelling the scan and seeing the log I can see it is surely an ANTI-MALWARE issue as the scanner is malfunctioning. May I attach a partial log for you to see what is occurring?

^_^ Hello,

I have e-mailed your support team, hopefully I will have some success there. I can see this is an ongoing issue, and from the forum messages, and the google results, this heuristic scanning bug has not been fixed in a very long time. I would like somebody to pay some attention to it. I have no pirated software, and I am willing to give any scan logs or reports to your team in order to assist with this issue. So I can see no reason for anybody to refuse to assist me.

I look forward to discovering what the cause of this issue is.

Thank you for your response.

Scan times vary with each computer as there is no way we can predict how many files need to be scanned on each computer.

You may attach the partial list for review if you like. Malwarebytes may have issues running and scanning especially in a heavily infected computer, with over 3,500 items detected, I would say that would qualify as being heavily infected.

We must have crossed posts... if you have submitted a support ticket via email, then continue to work with them to resolve your issue...

Thanks

My computer has 0 infections. The only infection that ANTI-MALWARE recognized was Packet Decryption Software which it recognized as a PUP.

I have several other softwares, and MalwareBytes is the only one which has issues running. By the way, I have been trying to resolve this for almost 2 weeks now, I didn't just try to do a scan, and then come and post a message. Me posting a message on your boards would only be as a last resort. I also reformatted my machine, and reinstalled the operating system, updated drivers. I personally believe that there may be a bug within ANTI-MALWARE which doesn't handle the scanning procedure very well when the system is configured with a complex disk partition. As I have 2 HDD's partitioned into 6 sepecerate System and Logical partitions.

I would like to mention, if the software detects over 3500 infections, yet all other software detects no infections. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that MB is that far ahead of the competition in terms of detection. There's nothing wrong with saying that ANTI-MALWARE may have an issue is there? I'm not trying to bring your product bad advertising, but i'm just saying. Rather than saying my system is infected so bad, you could suggest that the software has a bug seeing as there are many other users of the forum reporting the exact same issue.

Yes I have messaged support via the link you provided, and I will wait for a response. I did specifically ask in my original post:

Are you aware of any known bugs which cause this?

I am reluctant to do your following advice, as it "Detected" all of my installed programs under the "Program Files" location, which I have set as "G:\". Meaning, if I removed them... I would of removed all of my programs :blink:

More than likely its the detected items that are causing it to take longer to complete the scan, one thing you can do is wait and see if it completes and then remove the items.

^_^ Hello,

Okay so I can confirm it is a ANTI-MALWARE issue. I disabled the scan from running on the entire partition, and the scan was able to work through without hanging for an infinite amount of time. To double check my results I also ran an error scan on the partition which came up with the following results:

post-189828-0-74459300-1436470023_thumb.

With the partition disabled under the Exclusion list within ANTI-MALWARE the scan was able to complete:

post-189828-0-62973100-1436470114_thumb.

So I would be lead to believe that ANTI-MALWARE has an issue running on the 5th partition (3rd logical) on a single HDD? My partitions look as follows:

post-189828-0-20347400-1436470199_thumb.

Hopefully this will confirm that there is an issue with ANTI-MALWARE. Perhaps there are some similarities with my issue and the same one of other users?

I was only going by the screen shot your provided which showed the objects detected, I have no other logs or info to go by...

I don't work for Malwarebytes so I can't state if its a bug or not, that's between you and the person helping you at the helpdesk. Submit all your findings to them and they will sort it out for you.