HP Support Assistant Says My Security is At Risk

Pay attention...

Once you start a Malware Removal topic, please don't create posts elsewhere until the problem has been solved and the the thread concluded and locked.  We really can not help you while you have an open a Malware Removal topic.

I have seen too many of your threads and they are a disjointed picture.  Some of those posts were merged by the Forum Administrator.  You need to stick with one thread and follow through with it.

You should also NOT try to do things outside what the Malware Removal Forum Helper has not told you to do.  You can make things worse.

This is the last thread I will start until my latest thread with Maniac is solved and locked. All of the other threads i have started can be locked as well. I did not know this as i am sorry for what I have caused. I never meant to be a hinderance. This thread can be locked as well if desired as I will ask Maniac in my other thread.

Hi:

It's not about inconvenience -- we volunteer here because we enjoy doing so.

But, yes, it is confusing and inefficient to start multiple posts in multiple areas of the forum at the same time.

And, yes, as a courtesy to the malware helpers, it is best to wait until they give the "all clear" before starting new posts.

Having said that, as you have returned repeatedly in recent weeks with new issues, it is sometimes best for the forum mod/admin team to merge them into the existing thread, as they have done.

The real issue for this thread -- from my perspective as just another home computer user -- is that the very idea of copying out or moving or manipulating Windows OS files (for whatever purpose) is fraught with danger.

There is nothing wrong with learning about one's computer.

But playing around with certain files and folders  -- especially those that are normally hidden and protected for good reason! -- is not a good idea as a "DIY" project.

We often don't know what we don't know.

Eventually, it could lead to a damaged OS or worse.

And when it comes to possible malware infection, we basic users are probably best advised to seek help from properly trained experts in the proper venue.

Cheers, :)

Okay, thank you daledoc1. I will stick with my thread with Maniac. If anybody has any feedback for this thread, that is fine. Otherwise, this thread along with the other ones not with Maniac can be locked or deleted. I did not mean to cause any trouble as I am just home user like you said and damaging my OS is the last thing I want to do. I will take you and David's advice and stick with my other thread. Thank you for your time, daledoc1 and David.