Scan bug when offline from internet and using custom and threat scan

Hello I am using version 2.1.8.1057 with db version v2015.07.27.05 and I am trying to scan with custom scan and threat scan with an offline computer. When I hit scan it shows check for update then pre scan operations then it just cancels the scan by itself. After clicking finish on the dashboard it shows unable to access update server. I am unable to get it to scan is this a bug or am I infected.I am trying to scan with kaspersky and emsisoft n neither are showing anything wrong.

Hello and :welcome: :

AFAIK that is not a bug.
During the pre-scan operations, MBAM checks for database updates (so that it will have the most current definitions for the scan against zero-hour and zero-day threats).
So, yes, it needs to be connected to the internet for that.

If you have a heavily infected computer without internet access, there are other strategies for scanning and cleanup.

For the record, routine "custom" scans of the entire system and all mounted volumes and drives is neither necessary nor recommended.
It is a task better suited to your AV.
A daily Threat scan is sufficient for most users, especially if using MBAM Premium with its real-time protection. :)

More info about v2.1.8 HERE
Version 2.1.8 Release History HERE
User Guide ONLINE
User Guide PDF
FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Thanks,