Suggestion: MBAE update at night?

MBAM_SD1

We have licensed it for our computers and it gets blocked when attempting to update during the day by our third-party Anti Executable protection.  Of course it should allow the updated since I have white listed Malwarebytes as a valid publisher but they are not so good at matching it appears. 

Perhaps the update could run at a chosen time or midnight (when maintenance mode is active)?  By the way, thank you for having the update run automatically functionality.

I can't come up with an argument against this other than if an update needs to be pushed out asap (none so far as I am aware) such a time table might delay the process quite a bit. Add to that not everyone is in the same timezone, well, it seems a bit pointless. In addition I'm one of those weird ppl that actually turns their pc off when not in use. Aside from those factors I like the idea... :-/

Actually, I was imagining a checkbox to indicate if the user wished an approximate time, and then a space for the user to enter said time. If one shuts down the computer nightly, perhaps they would prefer to schedule it during their lunch or nap time. 

It seems to only update every month or two.  I believe the computer itself reaches out to check for an update and therefore the time zone would be local to the computer.

Does the company read this forum?  I'm not sure of the proper way to submit requests such as this for review. T

Yes they do come around, Pedro will likely comment soon but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just busy - perhaps updating their machines and/or working with Win10 atm? As for the time zone being handled by the local computer, you're right, that's what I get for posting while drinking!

/thumbs-up for the time selection option/checking on updates and installing them!

• Staff

MBAE checks periodically, not only at boot, for updates.

Since the root of the problem is that the MBAE upgrade is being blocked by the anti-executable, is there a way to white-list in the anti-exploit by source process, digital signature, target URL,etc.? Normally most anti-executables have such a feature.

It is definitely the fault of anti-executable. I have white listed both the publisher and the v1.0.7...executable to no avail.

This is a workaround for their crummy software that we need to stay safe. Too safe it seems.

Otherwise I must manually go to each computer, switch to update mode and perform the MBAE update.  I have other updates happening at night so it would be convenient to have this option. Perhaps I am one of very few.