What's the best anti-virus?

Panlew

So I've been using Avira for a while now, and it annoys the crap out of me:

1. Detects my crypting software as a virus.

2. Constantly spams detection messages and closing a message only makes it slowly descend the screen while also making me unable to move my mouse because if I do the message will pop back up again.

3. The always ignore function doesn't work.

4. Even using the always ignore function takes like a minute.

5. Last time I uninstalled it from a computer it completely disabled my firewall and I had to reinstall Windows.

Yes, for point 5 I have tried installing Avira back again, it didn't work.

Also, no, I didn't have a backup for that specific computer.

I don't know if this is the right section to be posting this.

Hello and Welcome!

There is no such thing as "the best" otherwise there would be no one else in the business.

Here is a List of well-known antivirus products use of any of these will help protect your computer.

A lot of reading here but if you take the time to read a bit of it you'll see why/how infections and general damage are so easily inflicted on the computer. There is also advice on how to prevent it and keep the system working well. Don't forget about good, solid backups of your data to an external drive that is not connected except when backing up your data. If you leave a backup drive connected and you do get infected it can easily damage, encrypt, delete, or corrupt your backups as well and then you'd lose all data.

Nothing is 100% bulletproof but with a little bit of education you can certainly swing things in your favor.

If you're not currently using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium then you may want to consider purchasing the product which can also help greatly reduce the risk of a future infection.

If you really want to discuss antivirus and other security products in more detail then the Wilders Security Forums is an excellent resource to do so as they support and discuss many products.