Activation and Licence Not Working

There was a discussion topic about this same issue that was closed earlier today from "seekwhence".

My licence was renewed in July, I raised the issue with support but alas.............SILENCE.

I forwarded all the details via email.

This appears to be a wider problem so it would be appreciated if more info is provided as to why my premium account has reverted to free, why activation doesn't work and some support sooner than later provided.

Hello and :welcome: :

Until a forum staff member has a chance to respond....

We're sorry you are having problems with license validation.

First:
Please be sure you are not trying to activate your license on more computers than your license allows.

Next:
Please be sure you are entering the correct alphanumeric characters in the correct format.
For example, please be sure not to swap "0" for "O", "1" for "I", etc; and be sure not to add extra spaces.
"Old" lifetime licenses have both a Key and an ID, each of which needs to be entered in its own field.
The ID format is most likely XXXXX-XXXXX and the Key format is most likely XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
(Only "new" replacement licenses have just a Key, without an ID.)
There is more information here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Next:
If those do not resolve your issue, unfortunately, the only folks who can help with licensing issues are the Support folks at the help desk.
We here at the forum do not have access to the necessary information to resolve such an error.

• If you already have a ticket at the Help Desk, please try to be patient. The Help Desk is busy, and they are also assisting users with technical support and malware cleanup cases.
    • There was a bit of a ticket backlog a week or so ago, but AFAIK they are pretty much caught up now.
    • Please do not open multiple tickets there -- doing so will slow down the process and could delay their response to you.
  • If you do NOT already have a ticket at the Help Desk, you may open one HERE.
    • Please provide the Help Desk with as much of the following information as possible (but do NOT post this sensitive information here in this forum):
      • Name of purchaser
      • Email address of purchaser
      • Date of purchase
      • cleverbridge reference number (or details about the seller, if it was NOT malwarebytes online store)
      • MBAM license ID and Key information
  • >>>Either way, please be sure to check your spam and junk mail folders, to verify that the emails from the Support team did not land there by mistake.

In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

I am having this same issue as well. I was renewed on 6 July but was out of town and could not do anything on my home PC. I got back 15 August and got an error message that my ID and key were expired. I carefully cut and paste and still not the message.

I emailed support and got a reply that they were having issues and someone would contact me as soon as it was resolved.  Fair enough- glitches happen.

A week went by and no contact. I logged in today to see if there were any updates and the ticket has been closed!  Essentially tech support told me "yeah yeah, we'll let you know" and then closed the ticket and washed their hands of me.

I sent in a second request with screen shots of the error message and the ticket# and tech's name who closed it. Hopefully that will move something forward.

If not, I have no other options than to contact my credit card's fraud protection department, since after all I have paid for a service (on 5 July) and as of 25 August cannot use that service or get an honest reply.

Why is it that some folk are helped on this forum (dealing with same issue) while others are referred back to Help Desk who are desperately in need of a Help Desk themselves,

I understand no system is perfect but if there is a Help Desk then it should function as it is intended or outsource to a competent unit.

This issue is not unique to me and it should therefor be given a more serious looking into rather than simply dying in the inbox of Malwarebytes mail.

@DesertMan,

I will try to answer the last question you raised.  There are a significant number of license-related issues being raised lately.  Free turning to premium is different then premium turning to free, and 403 errors are handled differently than 404 errors.  The first two may be addressed here, but may end up going to Support.  The last two mentioned have to go to Support.  Add potential malware infestation into that and it becomes complicated.  Also, the people who jumped onboard with Windows 10 right off the bat are in sketchy ground just because of that, not to mention that malware may be present, and even in the best case, Windows OS upgrades sometimes go boom.  The people whose computers turned into bricks because Windows doesn't have drivers for every vendor in place yet doesn't help...blame for that can go multiple directions but that's another story.  There is also a new licensing system in place on the backend, the Support system has been having some reliability issues, and a new process backfired.  Bottom line of the whole thing is that we are seeing many ways to improve many processes, and we're all learning as we go.

If you're still waiting for something back from Support, send me a PM with details.  I'll try to help if I can.

@ gonzo

Thanks for offering to assist. I have PM'd you.

Although I do understand that there are challenges being faced and we have to exercise patience, there is simply no excuse for failing to communicate with customers.

In times such as this Malwarebytes staff need to keep customers in the loop as none of the suggestions they make (via links to urls) are working. I cannot even keep track of my ticket.

Not cool guys!

I will follow up on this when I get into the office on Thursday.  You heard earlier that there are many things going on, AND I agree with you.  When I am a customer, I have certain expectations as do you.  I'll try to stay on top of this as best I can.

Thank you gonzo,

Your intervention has been the breakthrough here. Appreciate you willingness to get involved.

Best regards