Malwarebytes High Ram Usage - Over 200mb!

Hi:

Thanks for the logs.

They show that MBAM was installed on this system back in June and that you may have upgraded the OS to Win10 AFTER that time.

If that's correct (and even if it's not), then the first step would be to cleanly reinstall MBAM:

Please carefully follow ALL the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

(Be sure to have your license info handy before you start and be sure to reboot when prompted after running the removal tool.  And although you may not be prompted to do so, it's a good idea to reboot the computer AFTER the reinstall.)

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

P.S. There are some other things going on with the system -- such as programs running in compatibility mode -- but they likely do not contribute directly to the specific issue you report.

Hi:

We'll need to wait for a forum staff member or expert to review the logs.

They do show -- as previously mentioned -- several programs running in compatibility mode (which should not be), and lots of system and application errors.

They will advise you about how to proceed.

Thanks for your patience,

The amount of RAM usage varies from computer to computer. The amount that your computer is using is not uncommon. Which process exactly is using up over 200mb exactly? My mbam.exe is using up 47,464K and my mbamscheduler.exe is using up 6,920K and mbamservice.exe is using up 179,484K of memory on My Win7 box. On my home computer the readings are different and lower.

You have about 5GB of RAM on this computer in question so it should not be an issue.

Not seeing anything major in the logs, but if you want a deeper look, you could always go over to this topic: Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Also as daledoc1 has already mentioned, you have some apps running in compatibility mode, these are not really needed so you should remove them unless you were asked by the vendor to put them that way.

Remove compatibility – settings for these programs.

Please remove the following entry from the Registry entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\CNC and The Covert Operations\C&C95.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\CNC and The Covert Operations\CCSETUP.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\CNC and The Covert Operations\PREVIEW.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\CNC and The Covert Operations\REGISTER.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\CNC and The Covert Operations\covert\README.exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\CNC and The Covert Operations\C&C95.exe

C:\GOG Games\The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut\launcher.exe

C:\Program Files\pia_manager\pia_manager.exe

I can confirm that I have the same exact issue. MBAMService sits at about 217 megs of RAM and I have a clean Win 10 install machine that was not an upgrade. Also, I have an issue where MBAMService takes up 80-90% disk usage for about 5-10 minutes after boot. It's not reporting that it's updating databases or scanning.

Is MBAM now he new Norton?

BTW MBAMService does the exact same thing on another clean Win 10 machine, freshly installed Win 7, and Win 8.1 laptops. I'm using the MBAM premium on each with their own separate licenses.

The high disk usage is bizzare. What is it doing right after boot?