MBAE 1.08 Beta Preview

pbust

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This applies to Windows 10 x64 Professional and using IE 11 as the browser.  The finger printing exploit issue still occurs with build 1030. 

1.  Using IE 11, sign on to the MBAM forum and open the thread for the MBAE beta download.

2.  Select to download MBAE Build 1030

3.  Select "Save As" and start to navigate to where you want to save the download.

4.  The fingerprint exploit will occur before you can "save as"

A snapshot of the exploit window and the C:\Program Data\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit folder is attached.

Any luck on resolving this issue within MBAE?  It is certainly annoying because it requires remembering to disable MBAE prior to any IE 11 downloads :wacko:

Hi guys, I'm experiencing the famous conflict between Kaspersky Antivirus 2016 and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, which doesn't allow me to open Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer on Windows 10 Professional x64.

Some weeks ago, I've decided to wait for the final version of MBAE 1.08, but today I had serious problems with this conflict (my laptop crashed and I had to reboot it twice) and, since I'm so tired of this issue, I have two questions for you:

1-Can the last Beta build of MBAE be used as a daily driver or there are still some problems?

2-If I install the last Beta version of MBAE 1.08 over MBAE 1.0.7.1.1015, can I install the final release over it, when MBAE 1.08 final will arrive, or do I have to make a clean installation?

Thank you very much in advance! ;)

• Staff

@siliconman01, we're creating a new 1.08 beta build. I'll post it here for you to test when its ready.

@MariuxReloaded, 1.08 is pretty stable as you can see from user comments above. If you install the beta, it will automatically upgrade to the latest stable release when it is released as an aut-upgrade. Or you can manually install the release version when it is released on our website, by simply installing over the top. No need for uninstallations.

@siliconman01, where are you saving the downloaded file to? (i.e. what's the full path to the directory)

I can only repro this if I try to save the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

I have a separate partition on my SSD Drive 0 where I save all of the most current downloaded program installers and updates.  Each third party program download is saved to its own folder.  This separate partition is labelled as the D partition.  So, for example, when I download the latest MBAE version update,  I would do a Save As to the D:\Common Updates All Computers\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit folder.  I save only the latest version update on the D partition for each of the programs installed on my systems. 

post-10374-0-35320900-1444799067_thumb.p

For clarification of my explanation on post #189 --

My programs are typically installed at their default location such as C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).  My D partition is for saving only the downloaded source of the various programs so that I have the various program installers readily available should something occur that requires me to have to uninstall/re-install a specific program.  Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. 

@MariuxReloaded, 1.08 is pretty stable as you can see from user comments above. If you install the beta, it will automatically upgrade to the latest stable release when it is released as an aut-upgrade. Or you can manually install the release version when it is released on our website, by simply installing over the top. No need for uninstallations.

Very well! Thank you very much! :D

MBAE is blocking microsoft Edge again when i go to open microsoft edge it just flickers, if i shut down MBAE protection it will open just fine without issues, as soon as i enable MBAE and go to open edge it just flickers again and does not open, something in MBAE is breaking edge again.

Hi @pbust,

As my online usage is perdominantly trading oriented (pl. refer resolved Dietodin.exe issue), I keenly follow the forum on MBAE updates.

Though I do not have any issues to state, MBAE services r running in Taskbar, UI in place in systray, dll injections present in Process explorer and test exploit check (Calculator app check) also promptly blocked/alerted by MBAE, my concern is in regard to the MBAE alerts/errors in WIn 10 - 1. IE11 download error, which is ack. by you but which I hv not come across, 2. Cmd.exe error which also is not a problem..

But, due to heightened security concerns, due to online trading, do I need to worry (absence of MBAE errors)?.. Tks..

• Staff

I wouldn't worry too much about it @sman.

The IE11 fingerprinting alert is by design, i.e. certain browser calls the return mbae components and its path. This is because some Exploit Kits like Angler started detecting MBAE and not firing off exploits in an attempt to be more stealth and silent so that we don't uncover their malicious activities. So if it triggers, it will only trigger with certain filen ames and/or path names related to MBAE. It won't trigger with regular operations.

As for the cmd.exe error, we're still tracking it down. But it seems like a very rare error given the Win10 is the 2nd or 3rd most used OS in consumers and we only have very few reports of this error. Again, it is not something that should concern from a protection perspective.

The IE11 fingerprinting alert is by design, i.e. certain browser calls the return mbae components and its path. This is because some Exploit Kits like Angler started detecting MBAE and not firing off exploits in an attempt to be more stealth and silent so that we don't uncover their malicious activities. So if it triggers, it will only trigger with certain filen ames and/or path names related to MBAE. It won't trigger with regular operations.

This sounds like there will not be a fix incorporated within MBAE for this finger printing issue as I have described it using IE 11.  :huh:   Is that correct? 

Has the software updated itself in the last few days? Now Firefox and Chrome are not opening again.

same here i have to shut down MBAE to get any of them to work again, whats up?? i did all the steps as shown in the post you told me to do for edge but i woke up this morning to chrome now doing it with no choice but to shut down MBAE protection. 

It appears that Kaspersky sent out a software update this morning that has re-introduced the conflict with MBAE (1.08.1.1031) that prevents the internet browsers from opening.  The behavior is exactly identical to the conflict with MBAE 1.07.  Opening Firefox with MBAE turned on once again gives the error message "can't load XPCOM" and IE 11 fails to open.

yesterday there were some updates to Win 10 (to IE11 flash player, malcious tool, windows cum. updates etc.), which updated without any issues. So, btw r u facing problems on this account?

I do not use any proxy and use 'Secure DNS' feature of my AV and all my browsers r up to date. I'm very impressed with Slimjet browser, for it's faster browsing and added features to other Chrome/FF etc.

The bottom line is, I hv no issues with working with any browser (whether it's IE, Edge, Chrome, FF, Opera, palemoon, Slimjet).. Hope this helps..