blocking um.simpli.fi

My log shows that this started popping up on my system at 3:27PM EST, though the endpoint is chrome.exe. My wife is getting similar, too. However, her system is reflecting jwpltx.com as the blocked site. In both instances, it is coming up when we open Chrome. To reach this forum, I moved over to Edge, without any blocks showing up.

Anybody got clues/solution to stopping this?

I may have found something out. Since it was not showing up for me on Edge, I opened up another tab, to bring up BBC.com (my homepage for Chrome). Sure enough, the block message popped up several times before I close the tab. Then the messages disappeared.

Now I will try MSN.com (my wife's homepage on Chrome)...

Hmmm...um.simpli.fi came back...wait, there is jwpltx.com's block as well. I am thinking it is the cookies associated with those sites that are causing this.

I may have found something out. Since it was not showing up for me on Edge, I opened up another tab, to bring up BBC.com (my homepage for Chrome). Sure enough, the block message popped up several times before I close the tab. Then the messages disappeared.

Now I will try MSN.com (my wife's homepage on Chrome)...

Hmmm...um.simpli.fi came back...wait, there is jwpltx.com's block as well. I am thinking it is the cookies associated with those sites that are causing this.

i'm getting other blocks too especially when i'm using earthlink's webmail site, like ad.afy11.net

I tried this one more time. I dumped my browsing data for Edge, and reopened my browser. Since I have the default search page for Edge set up as the home page, it is avoiding ads (and probably cookies), there are no blocks appearing. I can log into this forum without a problem. The blocks do not appear until I surf over to BBC or MSN. Nothing appeared on Yahoo's page. So, I guess the point is to avoid those sites for now. I will go over to Chrome, dump BBC as the home page, clear the browser and see what happens.

My log shows that this started popping up on my system at 3:27PM EST, though the endpoint is chrome.exe. My wife is getting similar, too. However, her system is reflecting jwpltx.com as the blocked site. In both instances, it is coming up when we open Chrome. To reach this forum, I moved over to Edge, without any blocks showing up.

Anybody got clues/solution to stopping this?

Yeah I'm getting the jwpltx.com detection as well.  Just started happening today. False positive?

I think what this might be is that some of the ads being post have been corrupted(?), as when I open BBC or MSN, I may get anywhere from 0 to 4 block messages pop up. If no block pop up, I can scroll down the page, and count there are four ads present. If I hit reload, I may get two block messages, but only two ads may pop up that time.

Knowledge of a false positive is above my skill level, so I leave it to the big brain people to tell me if these blocks are truly to be feared. I am prepared, though, to assume Malwarebytes is protecting me from bad things, until I hear otherwise. What I do know is that I have figured out what is triggering the blocks on my system, and how to avoid further incident.

Not a false positive. Its spyware hidden deep into your system making it extremly difficult for anti-malware to spot it.

Seriously?  You don't know what you are talking about.  First and foremost its not malware, its malicious sites being blocked.

Just got it on pbs.org.  Either the entire internet is infected or MBAM is borked. I vote the latter.

Hello, all:

Seriously?  You don't know what you are talking about.  First and foremost its not malware, its malicious sites being blocked.

Just got it on pbs.org.  Either the entire internet is infected or MBAM is borked. I vote the latter.

Just a friendly reminder to keep the discussion polite and respectful, so that the forum moderator/admin team will not have to step in.

The Malwarebytes staff has been notified of this thread.

They are investigating.

Please stand by until one of them can post with a status update.

Thanks for your patience,