Premium 2.1.8.1057 can't update

I uninstalled the previous premium MBAM and used the mbam cleaner which led to a reboot requirement.  Then I installed the beta.  It also would not update.  I ran a scan anyway, which results in another attempt to update which apparently failed so it uses the 9/22 database to do the scan which found 51 pups which were removed which required another reboot.  These reboots lead to black screens which require the owner Jack to need to use F1 to get past that and he is often not available.  Also, I tried to activate the mbam using the credentials from the previous mbam, but that failed, so I'm on a trial condition with the beta instead of working credentials, but no better off.

Update:  Somewhere along the way the database is now 10.06.

Is there any way to deal with the inop credentials from the earlier v. or does that require payment of another licensing fee?

The only folks that can help you with the licensing is the help desk... Fill out the form on the support page HERE for consumer support.

And the database updates properly now.

I'll have to leave the credential problem up to Jack, as he is the one who transacted and I'm not sure of all the answers needed for him on the Help page.  I was able to use the credentials which belonged to the earlier version when I removed and cleaned and replaced it, but that strategy didn't work for the new beta.

Thanks for the help

Ah, so.  I got it activated.

The correct way to do it is NOT to start with (just) inputting the ID first and then waiting for the request for the pass as a separate operation, but instead to force it to provide fields for both by clicking that one has both before inputting anything (which click is below the empty field for the ID.

So, when the *underneath* info is clicked first before anything else, one gets two fields to populate at the beginning and then click Activate.

I appreciate the mentality of the concept, but there is a tiny smidge of 'non-intuitive' about the failure of doing it the way I did the first time.