199.167.148.188 => emc.gs

ShelLuser

I'm a player of Empire Minecraft, also part of one of their volunteer teams (helping the server out). Please note that I am not officially affiliated with Empire Minecraft nor the company behind it: Starlis LLC. I am somewhat acting on their behalf here, but only in a role as a dedicated volunteer.

We've gotten several reports from some of our members that they couldn't access our website anymore because Malwarebytes considers the website to be malicious. Here is an example of one of these reports:

hxxp://empireminecraft.com/threads/rip-emc.56880/

Obviously I don't have full access to the server but enough to conclude that this is a false positive. I also think to know its origin: at some point in time one of the advertisements used on the website pointed to a malicious website. However, this happened months ago and was only a small incident which lasted for roughly a few hours. Needless to say that this has been fixed in the mean time.

About us (just for context): Empire Minecraft is one of the bigger Minecraft servers out there, we recently reached over 300,000 players and are still strongly growing. Our motto: play your way. Obviously this false positive is a concern for us and we hope that it will be addressed soon.

With kind regards, Peter

Edited by MysteryFCM
Link disabled

I'm a player of Empire Minecraft, also part of one of their volunteer teams (helping the server out). Please note that I am not officially affiliated with Empire Minecraft nor the company behind it: Starlis LLC. I am somewhat acting on their behalf here, but only in a role as a dedicated volunteer.

We've gotten several reports from some of our members that they couldn't access our website anymore because Malwarebytes considers the website to be malicious. Here is an example of one of these reports:

hxxp://empireminecraft.com/threads/rip-emc.56880/

Obviously I don't have full access to the server but enough to conclude that this is a false positive. I also think to know its origin: at some point in time one of the advertisements used on the website pointed to a malicious website. However, this happened months ago and was only a small incident which lasted for roughly a few hours. Needless to say that this has been fixed in the mean time.

About us (just for context): Empire Minecraft is one of the bigger Minecraft servers out there, we recently reached over 300,000 players and are still strongly growing. Our motto: play your way. Obviously this false positive is a concern for us and we hope that it will be addressed soon.

With kind regards, Peter

Your link is broken and as a Minecraft player myself, I can assure you Empire Minecraft is not one of the bigger ones. After checking out the site, it appears the online player count never surpassed a substantial amount in comparison to many, many servers which are by far a lot larger.

Hi - I am the owner of the website.

I sent in a support request about this over the weekend but have not heard anything. We've got multiple users all reporting the same thing - Malware Bytes is blocking our server, either by domain (emc.gs,empireminecraft.com) or IP (listed in OP)

Please recheck as I have seen screenshot evidence: 

v9VXBia.png

and I really would prefer to not have to route web traffic over a different IP to get around this in the short term.

Your link is broken and as a Minecraft player myself, I can assure you Empire Minecraft is not one of the bigger ones. After checking out the site, it appears the online player count never surpassed a substantial amount in comparison to many, many servers which are by far a lot larger.

Off topic (but I know shell did start the conversation), but percentage wise compared to the overall market of servers... not small, and could argue one of the largest out of our style :)

also to clarify

Our website itself has never been compromised, and we use Google AdSense for Ad Delivery, and a few months ago Google had a security issue with malicious advertisers being able to force redirect on ad load without clicking the ad that affected thousands of websites including us.