Need Help Removing Android/Trojan.gedma.rp - Malwarebytes can't uninstall

Hi, I have a trojan on my phablet that automatically installs apps. I delete the apps, but still have problems. Security 360 and Malwarebytes found the trojan:

Android/Trojan.gedma.rp

However, neither can remove it. When I run Malwarebytes, I go through these steps:

Delete

Do you want to delete? 

OK

Device Management - Do you want to uninstall app?

OK

UNINSTALL UNSUCCESSFUL

How do I get this off of my tablet?

Thanks.

Hi Oceanviews

This has become a big problem with cheaper priced Devices originating from China, they come preinstalled with malicious apps and cannot be removed using Android's uninstaller because they are installed as a system app.

These apps on your device should not be trusted, there are a few things you can do.

- Disable the app – Can be done via Android Settings -> Apps -> bad app -> Force stop/disable

This will prevent the app and any associated services from running.

- Root your device and uninstall the malicious apps. Usually reserved for advanced users, please do at your own risk.

- Install different, trusted, ROM to replace infected one. Usually reserved for advanced users, please do at your won risk.

- Return device where purchased.

I wish there were more options but where Android's openness and built in security collide; openness, anyone can flash a device with a custom ROM, security, you can't uninatll system apps.

Regards,

-Armando

Hi Armando,

Thank you for replying. I have no idea which app it is. :o(

Perhaps I can find someone to do the advanced options that you suggested.

I don't think it came with the problem as I had the phablet for about 9 months before the issue came up.  I have gotten rid on all but a handful of trusted apps (Angry Birds, etc.)

Antivirus 360 does warn me when a new app was installed and I can delete. But there is no way to stop them from being installed. Very frustrating.

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming I'm in the correct area with my issue.

This message "unfortunately, adult browser has stopped. OK" I am not sure where or how this came about, but I cannot do anything really on the phone.  This message is not going away.  I reset my phone back to the factory settings but the message is still there across my every screen.  I don't know what kind of "ware" this might be and what else I should do to get rid of it. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hi Oceanviews,

Sorry for the confusion, someone else posted a question in your thread.

Check your app installs the Gedma app might be called SmsReg or Device Management and have icons like one of these two I've attached. 

Next: Disable – Can be done via Android Settings -> Apps -> bad app -> Force stop/disable

Regards,

-Armando

post-140207-0-69401400-1449177794_thumb.

Unfortunately, I do not see those apps installed. These programs/apps cannot be deleted.

Here is a screenshot of the trojan info:

Surprised I can't simply attach an image to this post. Looks like I have to upload somewhere else, then [rovide a URL.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl9Rf6SDGmad01EOHRSNDlDVlE/view?usp=sharing

Hi Oceanviews,

Sorry for the confusion, someone else posted a question in your thread.

Check your app installs the Gedma app might be called SmsReg or Device Management and have icons like one of these two I've attached. 

Next: Disable – Can be done via Android Settings -> Apps -> bad app -> Force stop/disable

Regards,

-Armando

• 2 weeks later...