Copy IP from Notification Pop-Up

gamesover

I'd like to be able to interact with the notification pop-up that displays inbound attempts.  Currently you can only click on it to "go to the Exclusion Page".  I usually have the MalwareBytes icon hidden in my tray and recently discovered that I can right-click on it to "Add IP to Web Exclusions", but there's no way to copy the IP.  When I see the notification, I'd like to perform a lookup on the IP and determine if it's something I want to add to my network block list.

In order to copy the IP address, I have to:

1. Right-click the icon and select "open Malwarebytes"
  2. Click on the "History" tab
  3. Click on the "Application Logs" side-menu option
  4. Select the latest log
  5. Scroll down to the bottom of the log file
  6. Identify and click on the most recent entry that contains the IP address
  7. Press CTRL+C on my keyboard
  8. Open a text editor (or anywhere that I can paste the contents)
  9. Paste the clipboard
  10. Select & copy the IP address within the text string

The other option (which I prefer) is to repeat the following steps until I have manually transcribed the complete IP Address:

1. Hover over the notification (to keep it open)
  2. Switch focus to a text-based program and type part of the number

Is there any chance I'm doing it wrong and that a "copy" function already exists?  If not, is it something to consider adding?

Thanks.

Hello and :welcome: :

Until a Malwarebytes staff member has a chance to respond to your specific questions and suggestions...

MBAM is more than likely blocking those IPs for a reason.
It could be risky to add a blocked IP to your Web Exclusion list without first verifying its safety with the Research Team.
What does it mean when I get an alert that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has blocked a malicious site?

There is a dedicated sub-forum for possible Website Blocking F/Ps here: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/123-website-blocking/
 If, in fact, the IP/domain *is* safe (in which case the detection may have been a False Positive OR the site/IP has been cleaned up), then they will remove the block.

For most users under most conditions, there really ought to be few reasons to add any IPs to one's exclusion list.

Also, I may well have misunderstood this:

When I see the notification, I'd like to perform a lookup on the IP and determine if it's something I want to add to my network block list.

If MBAM is blocking it, it's already blocked.
If you *exclude* that IP, then you will be removing the block and allowing your computer to access what might likely be a malicious IP. (I apologize if I misunderstood your statement.)

More info about v2.2.0 HERE
Version 2.2.0 Release History HERE
User Guide ONLINE
User Guide PDF
FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Thank you,

My question really wasn't regarding Malwaybytes blocking... it was about the ability to "COPY" the data quickly and efficiently.

I have other headless computers that don't have Malwarebytes installed.  If someone is scanning my network or probing ports and Malwarebytes identifies the undesirable IP for whatever reason (it doesn't really matter), I'd like to copy the information/IP without having to jump through 10 steps.

My summarized/shorted question (not related to blocking or unblocking) is: Does a quick "copy" function exist?

Yes.  A right-click menu would be nice.  The ability to select the text within the notification pop-up would be good too.  (If the content within the notification were selectable, then special right-click menu options wouldn't need to be added.)

I'd also be easy for other non-technical users to copy-and-paste the information to an email message to me rather than hovering over it, calling me and reading it (or getting lucky with a screenshot.)