Beta 4 Prevents MBAM.EXE from exiting on Windows 10x64 Pro

siliconman01

This applies to Windows 10 x64 Pro Insider Build 14257, MBARW V0.9.12.336 B4, and MBAM Premium V2.2.0.1024

MBARW Beta 4 prevents mbam.exe from being able to be exited from memory.  I am currently running MBAM with real-time protection disabled and am only using it for scanning even though it is the premium version.  Following a scan, I exit mbam.exe from memory.  If MBARW B4 is in memory, mbam.exe will not exit. 

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

mbam.zip

Hi:

@Decrypterfixer will need to address the MBARW issues. But you wrote:

MBARW Beta 4 prevents mbam.exe from being able to be exited from memory.  I am currently running MBAM with real-time protection disabled and am only using it for scanning even though it is the premium version.

MBAM Premium is not designed or intended to be run with major protection components disabled, especially real-time protection.

So, if you're going to run MBAM Premium as MBAM Free, why not just "deactivate" your account in the GUI, and/or perform a clean reinstall and reinstall only as the Free version?

<just a suggestion>