Error Messae File

Error Messae File "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\unins000.msg"is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.

I have tried to update, it won't let me. I have tried to delete it and it won't let me. Am operating windows xp home edition, could someone please tell me what to do?

Thank you Margaret

Welcome to the forum, follow these instructions, for a clean un-install & reinstall please!

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Welcome to the forum, follow these instructions, for a clean un-install & reinstall please!

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

If the file is missing, would you like to re-install it?

install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Can you post back please, and let us know how it went.. regards...

If the file is missing, would you like to re-install it?

install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Can you post back please, and let us know how it went.. regards...

Your welcome! Please post back if you have any other problems or issues. regards...

Hello Again,

Thank you for your help, am having another problem on shut down windows xp home edition,

Stop C000021a Fatal System Errr The windows log on process system terminated unexpectly with a status of

OXC0000005 . One person tried to tell me its a driver problem, so I uninstalled my lightscribe software, didn't fix the problem, then she said it could be a software problem, so am at the point not quite sure what else to uninstall. Also have nero essentials.

Have been to microsoft as well with no luck at all. When I start back up,I get another error message winlogon.exe reporting the problem to microsoft for the past two weeks, nothing I do seems to fix the problem. Have been advised to start up in last good configuration, the problem disappears and comes back again. Anysuggestions please. Hate to be a pest. My original hard drive burned up due to a fire and someone has installed a used hard drive on my PC and also another problem they installed a mirror immage of windows xp home edition. So am unable to do any type of a back up on the system.

Sincerely,

Margaret

Margaret your not a pest, anytime the mbam staff can help, you post back. Remember I'm not employed by mbam! Did this happen, this error on a Blue Screen? with White letters? I may have to run the issue up higher? The problem could be in your OS? I don't think its mbam.. Tell me what software is in your PC in the area of security? Antivirus? Firewall? MBAM? anything else?

• Root Admin

You need to post for this type of help in the HJT forum, but please be aware that the site is VERY busy and what was taking a few hours for response is now taking a few days. There are just too many people seeking help and not enough people to help.

Please run the following but do not post back the results here. Post the results in the HJT forum as a new post.

Avira AntiVir Rescue System

Requires access to a working computer with a CD/DVD burner to create a bootable CD.

• Download the
    Avira AntiVir Rescue System
    from
    here
  • Place a blank CD in your burner and double-click on the downloaded file named
    rescue_system-common-en.exe

• If the above link does not work please try this one:
    here

• The program will automatically burn the CD for you.

• Place the burned CD into the affected computer and start the computer from this CD.

• On the bottom left side of the screen there are 2 flags. Using your mouse click on the British flag to use English.

• Click on the
    Configuration
    button.

• Select
      Scan all files
    • Select
      Try to repair infected files
      and
      Rename files, if they cannot be removed

• Select
      Scan for dialers

• Select
      Scan for joke programs (Jokes)

• Select
      Scan for games

• Select
      Scan for spyware (SPR)

[*]
    Click on
    Virus scanner

[*]
    Click on
    Start scanner
    at the bottom of the screen

[*]
    Currently the program does not support saving a log. Write down the amount of items for Records, Suspect files, and Warnings

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore and is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available.

Possible solutions to Screen Resolution and other issues

1. Please see the post
    here
    if you're unable to view the entire screen of Avira.
  2. You can also review this one
    Fixed Rescue CD Resolution Probs with Dell Video

3. Currently only the German keyboard is supported.
    Command Line not working
    English keyboards require work arounds.

4. Some computers attempt to mount the floppy even though they don't have one. You may need to go in to the BIOS and disable the floppy drive in order to mount your hard drive for scanning.

• 5 years later...

I am having the same difficulties after I ran a system restore. I am receiving the same message:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\unins.000.msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.

However when I do try to reinstall the program to obtain a new copy it says this:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.x is currently installed and could not be uninstalled properly. Please uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.x manually, reboot, and then try the installation again.

I am assuming that manually uninstalling is going to the control panel and "uninstall a program"? And so I go back and try to uninstall it again and it sends me the top message again and it's just a continuous loop.

I am using OPS Windows 7.

Thank you,

Ericka

Hi, @rickwombat:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

This is an ANCIENT topic -- any problem or solution relevant then would not be likely to work now.

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using this clickable cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily assist you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,