Run-time error '339'

unicorn

Hi, I'm new to computers and I don't understand what this error message means and how to fix it, could you please help?

I installed RogueRemover free okay but when I double click to open it I get this error message:

Run-time error '339' component 'COMCTL32,OCX' or one of it's dependencies not corectly registered, a file is missing or invalid.

Anybody know how to sort it please? Thanks.

Unicorn,

You should be able to use the download that AdvancedSetup linked to without any issues. Both files that it will install are listed by Microsoft as being compatible with Vista, even though Vista isn't listed as being supported.

Derek

Unicorn

Like you, I ran the Visual Basic update but still got the 339 error. I had just installed RR on another Vista Home Premium computer which worked smoothly with no errors, so I figured something was wrong with mine. I turned off User Account Control and it worked !

Click start, control panel, User accounts; then click 'Turn User Account Control on or off'. At the prompt, select Continue. At the next screen, uncheck the box for 'Use User Account Control ( UAC ) to help protect your computer', then OK ( don't worry, you can easily turn it back on ). You'll need to restart before you can try RR again. On restart Security warning will complain, ignore it.

Now you should be able to run Rogue Remover. If all goes well, you can turn on User Account Control, restart, and Rogue Remover should run without errors.