Malwarebytes For Apple OS

Malwarebytes is the best with my kis in windows.But how about making malwarebytes snow leopard os and other apple os capable.My father have a apple snow leopard and im worried about its security.Because of increasing malware for apple os

I agree that would be a really good idea and would be awesome if Marcin did make malwarebytes compatible with mac os's

• 2 months later...

That is an awesome idea :) Not sure if it will ever happen (I do not work for Malwarebytes or anything) but a good idea just the same :)

PC Tools makes a free AV for Mac.

Norton and Kaspersky both have an AV for Mac (paid), and I think McAfee may have one as well (paid).

Awesome!! Thanks for posting that, L00N3R :) I have a friend using a Mac with no AV, another started using Pc Tools iAntiVirus at my prompting :)

Edit: Looks like PC Tools is the only free one. :/ But it's nice to know there is a decent amount of choices for Mac users.

I use ClamTK(Ubuntu front end to Clamav source) on Ubuntu Linux. Works decently, but there are usually alternatives. I'm sure you'll find something free for apple, but it may take some time.:)

Edit: There is even an Avast Home for linux. However, it's junk and doesn't work.;)

Guest remixed

Power Mac's are the tools of my trade but they're rarely connected to the internet and have a fundamentaly different role to Pc's. The primary reason Mac's have been seen as 'immune' to attack is not because the OS is less vulnerable (which it is) but simply because they have not been a target. This is changing, which is why both Mac users and security vendors are addressing the issue. Two things, despite the increasing availability of cross platform and virtual integration software the two systems are very different and an application cannot simply be modified or patched to run effectively on Mac. Secondly, malware (which is where MBAM excells) is not the area to which the Mac OS is vulnerable, they are of course exceptions but these have been largely the result of users running pirated software with hidden payloads. Experience is everything and the best Mac security software bares little relation to reputation in Windows. Avast is great for Pc's but truly awful for Mac whereas Clam is good for Mac but ......enuf said ;)

HEEECK YEA. i mean remixed must be somewhat right... lol. but other os's can still get infected. this guy on yt made a vid about iphone viruses. Being jailbroken like me, i got hackulo security... but one person made viruses to prove it could be done. a rickroll virus. i mean YEA.. get one for the iphone firmware 1.1.1 up because that is like the lowest jailbreak level...

Probably the most secure is Ubuntu linux and other distributions. Executables can't run in normal cases, open source means updates are quick, updates patch everything including the kernel/drivers/supported programs. However, popularity is gaining and supporters are demanding antiviruses as no OS is immune. But it does come pretty secure out of the box. Some claim it has no open ports, but I checked that and has several until you enable the firewall. The firewall doesn't even fully stealth as it fails ping attacks.

Edit: The time I checked the no ports open I was running Ubuntu Server Edition. It has several open, however it does not if no server was chosen during setup.;)

• 1 month later...