How to update an offline MBAM installation?

Hello and :welcome:

Yes there is a way to update while offline, as mentioned in our FAQ => HERE <= See Item #4.....

• ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.
    SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations.
    • Windows XP and 2000
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
    • Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
      Note: Starting with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60, you must also copy the file database.conf located within the Configuration folder which is in the same folder as rules.ref listed above.

You can also download a manual update from here - NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for not spotting this.

I have to admit that as I skimmed the FAQ I saw this:

P - How to manually update MBAM while CA Internet Security is installed.

and I thought that there would be no answer to my question.

My point here, is that I think that maybe item #4 should be higher or even make and include an index for the rest of the items in the FAQ too.

No need to apologize, and glad to have been able to help....

That FAQ is getting a little long, but it sure does contain some good info in it..... I know they need to re-write some of the articles there as well, but honestly they are going toward KB articles and they can be found => HERE <= although your particular issues may not be listed yet....