Unable to load the Anti-rootkit driver?

Hi, Bob:

To all:
MBAR does not support Bitlocker encrypted drives, nor does MBAM 2.0 when rootkit scanning is enabled.

Not wishing to hijack the post from the OP or others.

So, please split this off to a separate thread, if you wish.

Quick question:

What about WinMagic SecureDoc encryption?

(MBAM 1.75 and Sophos run fine on the encrypted SSD, but I have never tried or needed MBAR.  So, I am just curious if I will be able to enable rootkit scanning in 2.00 when I upgrade that rig.)

TIA,

daledoc1

That's interesting. I'm inclined to have you perform a clean uninstall and reinstall so that none of the program's data files or registry entries are left behind. First, I'd like to run a different diagnostic tool to see what else is running on the system.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/?rha=1

Note: You need the 64bit version:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/

Double-click on FRST to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

Press Scan button.

It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.

The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

thanks tetonbob,  "mbam-clean.exe" has fixed the problem, it must have been a older version even that i uninstalled the older version it must have effected it some how.

• Staff

Hi, Bob:

Not wishing to hijack the post from the OP or others.

So, please split this off to a separate thread, if you wish.

Quick question:

What about WinMagic SecureDoc encryption?

(MBAM 1.75 and Sophos run fine on the encrypted SSD, but I have never tried or needed MBAR.  So, I am just curious if I will be able to enable rootkit scanning in 2.00 when I upgrade that rig.)

TIA,

daledoc1

Hi daledoc1. That's a great question. I should have been more precise.

To the best of my knowledge, like MBAR, MBAM 2.0's rootkit scanning has limited support for TrueCrypt encrypted volumes only. No other disk encryption software is supported. I will be speaking to the Developers and will update this information as needed.

• Staff

Hi tetonbob,

I'm also experiencing the exact same problem with Win 8.1 Pro on a paid version of M A-M (premium).

I do however have Bitlocker encryption on this laptop. Will this stop the rootkit driver from installing and the root checker from working?

Cheers

Hi LEGGYMAMBO. While you've probably seen my answers to all, I wanted to address you directly. Yes, that is correct. BitLocker encrypted drives are not supported by MBAM 2.0's rootkit scanning function. Only TrueCrypt encrypted volumes are supported.

Hi LEGGYMAMBO. While you've probably seen my answers to all, I wanted to address you directly. Yes, that is correct. BitLocker encrypted drives are not supported by MBAM 2.0's rootkit scanning function. Only TrueCrypt encrypted volumes are supported.

Hi tetonbob. Many thanks for your response, and yes, seen your previous responses. Are there any plans for the future to maybe support BitLocker?