Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51 released

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51 has been released! This version features a lot of new functionality that we are very excited about, including a fully-functional trial of the PRO version. We hope you will like it too! We would like to thank our partners and beta-testers for helping us test the release.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro

Alternatively, you may also click the Check for Updates button on the Update tab of the software.

Some highlights of the new release include:

• A 14-day trial of the PRO version is now available. When the program first starts, click Start Trial to see for yourself. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware PRO protects your system in realtime, smoothly and efficiently with the full power of Malwarebytes technology. Our free scanner is great, we hope you'll agree, but it does not protect you in realtime. If you've had to use our free version one too many times to clean up after a bad infection, please consider giving our PRO version a try.
  • The Protection Module (PRO only) now notifies you when a new program update is available, so you can schedule updates and forget about it -- let Malwarebytes protect you behind the scenes. Just choose "Notify me when a program update is ready for installation" in the Settings > Updater Settings tab.
  • All program settings in HKCU can now be set in HKLM, for our corporate users and system administrators who would like to deploy machine-wide and system-wide settings.
  • The Scheduler (PRO only) now has an Edit button so you can edit existing scheduled scans and updates.
  • The Updater has been rewritten to be more streamlined, efficient, and robust.
  • The Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module (PRO only) is now lighter-weight than ever. An issue in 1.50.1 with high I/O read bytes has been addressed.

Please see here for the full change log.

1.51 beta testers, you will have to fully uninstall the 1.51 beta before you reinstall the 1.51 stock builds. We apologize for the inconvenience. An ordinary uninstallation followed by reinstallation should suffice. If you encounter any issues please download this utility, run it, allow it to uninstall the 1.51 beta version, and reboot. Then, please reinstall 1.51 stock from the link at the top of this post. Note: you will have to re-enter your license information if you use the clean utility.

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thank you!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of the beta testers, I had to uninstall.

Also, as the the new version hadn't propagated as yet, I reinstalled the 1.50 version from December last year.

After that install, the new version became available via the the internal updater.

However, I notice that it appears my paid version now appears to be unregistered.

I suppose my version is a trial version for the moment, and I will able to enter my registration at the end of this trial period. ;)

Awesome, thanks for letting us all know!

I don't have time to install it today, so hopefully running the beta for a few more days will work ok :) I'll probably have a chance to install it on Friday.

I suppose my version is a trial version for the moment, and I will able to enter my registration at the end of this trial period. ;)

You can also open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and use the Register button at any time during the trial period and enter your ID and Key to turn it into the PRO version :).

You can also open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and use the Register button at any time during the trial period and enter your ID and Key to turn it into the PRO version :).

I downloaded the Pro trial and this is exactly what I did exile360, and have not occurred any problems nor errors at all. Works just great. ;)

OS: W7 64bit/8gb also have enabled heuristics for all three scans

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.600

Database version: 6739

Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514

5/31/2011 10:46:25 PM

mbam-log-2011-05-31 (22-46-25).txt

Scan type: Flash scan

Objects scanned: 128728

Time elapsed: 11 second(s)

===================================

5/31/2011 10:48:02 PM

mbam-log-2011-05-31 (22-48-02).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 167014

Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 23 second(s)

============================

5/31/2011 11:37:22 PM

mbam-log-2011-05-31 (23-37-22).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 467181

Time elapsed: 46 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Hi,

I literally upgraded / installed 1.51 last night (my local time =+10 DST) using the automatic 'check for updates' and when I just checked my PC (about 22 hours after I installed / upgraded) Malwarebytes is now telling me that my trial period has expired?

I thought the trial period was 15 days or something?

Can you please help me evaluate your product?

Thank you.

I'va always the same problem... about Broken.opencommand

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (???* %*) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (???*?) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (???*?) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (???S?) Good: ("%1" /S) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

i restart my pc... and malwarebytes retry the same problem....

i've no words...

By by

Clicking the "Download Now" button on the Malwarebytes' site ( http://www.malwareby...alwarebytes_pro ) does redirect me to Softonic (http://malwarebytes-...nic.it/download ), that still keeps the outdated version 1.50.1. Not sure if this does happens because my S.O. is italian localized, though... :unsure:

Edit: Perhaps it's just a wrong description, as that page says 1.50.1.1200 version. However i would like to download the original MBAM installer, instead of that unknown 'SoftonicDownloader_per_malwarebytes-anti-malware.exe' file.