2.0.1.1004 Premium/Win Updates Failure/MB Scan fail

win7sp1/64bit

windows firewall and MSE

Hi

I had my MB 2.0.1.1004 Premium since yesterday. So far I have experienced these problems.

1st issue - I did CUSTOM scan including ROOTKITS - Objects scanned 229096 in 4 hours,17 min........  it got stuck for ages and didn't want to move at one point at all (only the timer was running fine ) so I decided to cancel the scan by pressing the button but it wasn't happening so I had to kill it through the task manager. I've read about others having this type of a problem so this is probably going to get sorted soon.

2nd issue - RIGHT CLICK ( tried scanning one separate folder and a picture with a right click ). It performed very strangely once I clicked "scan". The interface opens up and is blank for about 5 seconds or less, then I get a message "not responding" when the interface stays blank for too long, then after couple seconds more it looks like the scanning feature wakes up with the the screen one would expect and finally does the scanning. 

3rd issue - WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE FAILURE - I turned my pc on this morning and noticed that My automatic windows update didn't come through on a start up. There are 3 logs in my event viewer about the failure  ( Luckily it was possible  to update manually)

4th issue - My MSE - is set to do a quick scan around 15:00 every day and update itself automatically and this also failed so I had to update and scan manually which luckily worked too. 

I never experienced any issues previously with 1.75 Pro version with what I have so far experienced with the 2.0.1.1004 and described above.

My question now is how to resolve my issues 3 and 4 mentioned above and have my Automatic updating back?

Thanks

Please can you advise me before I do the uninstall?

Yesterday something got flagged up  when I was doing a threat scan. I don't have a clue what it is and if it is something I need for my pc to function or whether it is something  bad and I should delete it before I do the uninstall and reinstall? 

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 11/04/2014

Scan Time: 01:13:47

Logfile:

Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.1.1004

Malware Database: v2014.04.10.09

Rootkit Database: v2014.03.27.01

License: Premium

Malware Protection: Enabled

Malicious Website Protection: Enabled

Chameleon: Disabled

CPU: x64

File System: NTFS

User: *********

Scan Type: Threat Scan

Result: Completed

Objects Scanned: 264010

Time Elapsed: 13 min, 1 sec

Memory: Enabled

Startup: Enabled

Filesystem: Enabled

Archives: Enabled

Rootkits: Disabled

Shuriken: Enabled

PUP: Warn

PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 1

PUP.Optional.Softonic.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-350187361-2601025631-4004757972-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\SOFTONIC\Universal Downloader, Quarantined, [862bfc2cec8f999d2308ec7756ac0cf4],

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Thank you for your reply Ron :) .I deleted the PUP yesterday.

I still haven't done the reinstall yet  and the reason is because I've been monitoring for a bit today .... This morning when I've turned my laptop on to my surprise the Windows automatic update  came through on a start up. So I thought I would wait before I did any reinstalling of MBAM because I had my usual MSE Automatic Daily Update with Quick Scan around 15:00 and wanted to see if that was going to correct itself as well .... ( the automatic MSE update never happened but on a plus side the scan did). 

Yesterday I also noticed that when my MBAM Premium Daily Scheduled Threat scan 11/04/2014 at 18:23:21 performed successfully at the set time, the date for the next scheduled scan didn't change on the Dashboard after the scan completed. Only when I turned my pc back on this morning the scheduled scan date has changed to todays date 12/04/2014 but when my MBAM Scheduled Daily Scan has completed successfully again today the date is still stuck on 12/04. 

I think I will take the plunge and try to do the reinstall tomorrow.

Hi FIREFOX

Thank you. As suggested I followed the instructions you kindly pointed me to. I used MBAM-CLEAN.EXE and removed MBAM 2.0.1.1004 Premium and reinstalled it  (13/04/2014).  I am happy to report that I am now getting automatic Windows updates and MSE has been automatically updating itself before scanning too.

My PC/MBAM 2.0.1.1004 Premium issues/possible bugs now  after the reinstall-

--- When I go to – Control panel/Notification area Icons –  I can still  see something listed from my old version called “mbamgui.exe Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300 Database version v2014.04.09.10” Wondering why this remains  after the mbam clean?

--- Like others I am having troubles with the scheduled date on the dashboard being displayed incorrectly.  Also what I don’t understand why the scheduled Scan Time next to the Date changes every day as well …….On Sunday it said at 16:54 but Monday after a start up it said 17:02 -->>>> Then I tried pc restart on the same day on Monday and the time changed to 17:05 for Today?

Any ideas why the time keeps changing?

--- With 2.0.1.1004 Premium  when my Pc is on and goes to sleep – automatic scheduled scan doesn’t come one like it did with v 1.75. Do I need to adjust some settings for that to happen so it wakes my pc from sleep and performs a scan? ----- >>>>>>( When I noticed the automatic scheduled scan didn’t start running because my pc was in a sleep mode I waited for about 5 minutes and woke my pc back from sleep…… the scan started running immediately but it failed to look for updates ).

--- Also is the database meant to update automatically itself SOON  with version 2.0.1.1004 on a start up after a shutdown? There is usually 9 hours when my pc is completely turned off but I found that when I turn my pc back on MBAM doesn’t seem to be checking for any new updates when everything is loaded ---- >>> The automatic updating only kicks in about 1 hour after having my pc on.

---  Daily Protection Log issue? – I went to “iptest.malwarebytes.org” only ONCE,  but it logged this one detection 3 times with the same exact time.  Is it a bug or is it meant to log a detection of something 3 times?

I am grateful for any help with my issues. I am not technically minded person, so sorry in advance if I am asking stupid questions or haven't explained my problems clearly. :blush:

Thanks

Glad the mbam-clean tool resolved your issue you were having....

--- Not sure whey in your notifications area the mbamgui.exe got left behind, I have seen it happen on other computes as well including mine. I just checked mine and it looks like it eventually dropped off the list.

--- The scheduled date on the dashboard is a known bug that will be fixed. The scheduled Scan Time will change to random times if you have the option to update before as scan on your scheduled automatic scans. If you want the scan to happen exactly at the same time every day, then you need to uncheck that option.

--- I am not sure if they have the feature any longer for waking the computer up.... Staff will have to confirm that one....

--- The database will update itself as you have scheduled, I don't recommend updating at reboot or power on function as sometimes it will fail due to the network card not being ready before the update tries to kick in. If you are that worried about an update when you power up, wait until you have a network connection and then manually update by right clicking on the tray icon.

--- as for the iptest.malwarebytes.org test site, it will log it every time you try to access the site, whey it showed 3 times, I can only guess, maybe it was refreshing the page...

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and answering my questions, Firefox.

As it happens I've just checked the log after MBAM's performed the scheduled scan (my PC was awake this time ) but there is no automatic update logged before it started scanning either. So it seems like this feature is not working in my case whether my pc is on fully awake or in a sleep mode. It only worked on the first day when it was reinstalled. 

I have just unchecked the box (so it won't look for updates before scanning) and will monitor whether it stabilizes the Time on the dashboard for the Next Scheduled scan. 

Also thank you for the tip about not having the automatic updates set at reboot or when I power on my pc.I will try to update manually and see how I get on.  

For now I am going to wait patiently for all the known bugs to be corrected. I heard there should be some major update soon so I am sitting tight.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help. Very much appreciated!  :)