Malwarebytes Wallpapers

Yes, I use photoshop. About 11 years ago I started messing around with it and made some really awful signatures for people on forums. With practice I've gotten much better, but I've never had any professional training. 

Here is an "slideshow" of the different layers of a wallpaper I did for fivealive

First I found this awesome background with google image search

1_zps62005eb7.png

Then using a large white brush with layer set to overlay, I brightened it up.

2_zpsa8a399de.png

Next I used more white brushes and added a blue glow

6_zps47985786.png

Added this image, set to "lighten" at 75% opacity 

8_zps27d7e8bf.png

Then rendered (cut out) the alien head from the image fivealive provided me

9_zps88aa1951.png

Added text and used a bevel and emboss, gradient overlay and glow effects on it.

12_zpsfbb6e2ea.png

Added a black and white gradient map

10_zpsefcc5e20.png

More brushes set to soft light

11_zps2ce81f25.png

And finally a photofilter to make the blue pop a little bit more

11_zps2ce81f25.png

I believe she mentioned it earlier, she is using Photoshop

I recall her mentioning that but was more curious on how the program was used, and if she had gone to school (but she answered that question).

She did an awesome job on the picture and I love it. makes me really interested in the work.

• Root Admin

Just a note or reminder for those that may wish to participate in creating an image.  Please make sure that you either create the image yourself or if you do use one from the Internet that it is in the public domain and free to edit or modify.  Most images found are not in the public domain and cannot be modified and posted without consent from the original owner.

Thanks and looking forward to some other great samples

Just a note or reminder for those that may wish to participate in creating an image.  Please make sure that you either create the image yourself or if you do use one from the Internet that it is in the public domain and free to edit or modify.  Most images found are not in the public domain and cannot be modified and posted without consent from the original owner.

Thanks and looking forward to some other great samples

Will keep that in mind. I have one question though, if it shows up on google images without a watermark, would that be considered "free to use"? Because that is where I find most of my images.

• Root Admin

An image does not need a watermark in order to be covered by Copyright laws.  If it does not specifically say so then one would typically have to assume that its not free. 

Whenever possible it's best to attempt to reach the person that did post it and try to obtain permission.  In many cases though they too have actually posted an image that they don't own either. 

No guarantee that it is free to use but often you can find images from a source like this:  Creative Commons Search

... curious on how the program was used...

That is a difficult question to answer. I know she outlined the steps she used, but you'd be surprised just what all Photoshop is capable of. Just do a YouTube search for tutorials, and you will find some amazing stuff.

An image does not need a watermark in order to be covered by Copyright laws.  If it does not specifically say so then one would typically have to assume that its not free. 

Whenever possible it's best to attempt to reach the person that did post it and try to obtain permission.  In many cases though they too have actually posted an image that they don't own either. 

No guarantee that it is free to use but often you can find images from a source like this:  Creative Commons Search

Awesome resource Advanced Setup, thank you for sharing.

Google Image Search has and Advanced Search which allows you to find non-copyrighted images. For instance, this search has this image in the results. Notice what it says under 'Licensing' about the image? "This media file is in the public domain in the United States. This applies to U.S. works where the copyright has expired, often because its first publication occurred prior to January 1, 1923."

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...