MBAM 2.X multiple crashes

After my last brush with MBAM 2.0.1.1004, I thought I was finished.  Now, it will constantly crash to the desktop on every scan it tries to run.  This happens on three of my computers -- each running a different OS (Win7-32; Win7-64; WinVista).

I have tried the removal tool and re-installation (during my last bout with MBAM) so I doubt running again and reinstallation will solve this.

Any ideas on this new problem (from my WIn7-32 machine)?

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    mbam.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.0.500
  Application Timestamp:    533d8de2
  Fault Module Name:    mbam.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.0.0.500
  Fault Module Timestamp:    533d8de2
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00199a80
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Mortimer

Sorry you are having issues.... Provide the logs listed below so someone on staff can assist you.

STEP 1

NOTE: If you have Win8/8.1 Skip Step 1 and go to Step 2 as DDS does not work on Win8/8.1

Please run the DDS scanner and send back both logs as attachments to your next reply.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop:

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include both of the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.
STEP 2

Please run mbam-check and send back the log as an attachment to your next reply.

• Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post; instead please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt log file which should now be located on your desktop.
STEP 3

Please run the FRST tool and send back both logs as attachments to your next reply.

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system - that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your next reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your next reply.

@Firefox:

Here are the test result you wanted.  In view of all the posts you've made following posting of these results telling of "pirated software" found, if you find any on my installation I would at least like a PM telling me what you've found as I know of NO "pirated software" on any of my systems.

These logs come from my most used 32-bit Windows 7 system.

Mortimer

Addition.txtattach.txtCheckResults.txtdds.txtFRST.txt

I have another (solved) thread concerning a conflict between Emsisoft and MBAM.  That problem was resolved and has not resurfaced, but in the process I've taken all the steps mentioned in the post you cite.

My feeling is that MBAM and Emsisoft, being structured pretty much the same, will conflict with each other mych the same as running two anti-virus suites together.  Is there a way to "tone down" MBAM so that it simply becomes an 'on-demand' scanner instead of being resident as a background process?  Would that be just the free version?

Mortimer

• Root Admin

This computer needs to have some other scans and clean up done on it. 

Please post your same logs over in the malware removal forum and let me know once you have and I'll assist you further over there.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=7

Cheers