Error 732

I've got this same error 732 ever since the 13th and none of the fixes here or any place else I tried have helped. I'm on a slow dial-up connection running Windows XP Sp2. Looks like everyone else with this problem is running XP too, not that that narrows it done much but what kind of connection do you all have? Is it a problem for people with high speed internet too. My sister has a high speed connection and has no problems updating her Malwarebytes.

FYI I tried both : a high speed connection network at my office and a classical 1Mo wifi box at home and that makes no difference at all .

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I give you some update of the situation. I take the opportunity of this post to tank again Yardbird for is help:)

I just tried to update MBAM using my 3G card connection (I'm away from the office now) and it works!!!!

I will try to make it clear in testing again at the office on Monday (did something change in my network that I don't know?) and with my wifi box at home. I will let you know what's going on.

If there is no firewall blocking, and there is no problem with Internet Explorer, then the update should work. Do you have a proxy setup on your network, or any special type of router that may have a more advanced firewall in it?

If there is no firewall blocking, and there is no problem with Internet Explorer, then the update should work. Do you have a proxy setup on your network, or any special type of router that may have a more advanced firewall in it?

I'll check that with our IT next week.

I'm working from home today using my Wifi connection and it's not working, I still have error 732 !

This connection was working before for MBAM update and nothing have changed. I'm sure.

Very strange !

Yea, that is weird.

Just an idle thought, do you have Internet Explorer 8 installed?

Arthur, see post no. # 5 on page 1 (or below)

Yes.

In fact , AVG has a resident shield feature and you can exlude directories from being protected by the shield. So I excluded : c:\program files\malwarebytes'anti-malware\

but nothing changes.

I do think it's much more related to my recent upgrade to IE8 ! ?

Arthur, see post no. # 5 on page 1 (or below)

Wow, we've had just enough of these that they're starting to run together in my mind. I need to start reading the first pages to see what's already been discussed.

Version 1.40 is in beta right now, so if there are no network related causes then we can see if it has the same problem when it launches.

Another idea is to run DebugView (with all of the logging options except "Log Boot" enabled) while trying an update, and see if it sheds any light on the error.

Another idea is to run DebugView (with all of the logging options except "Log Boot" enabled) while trying an update, and see if it sheds any light on the error.

Hi,

Here are some updates.

I tried DebugView, but nothing have been captured. Sorry.

I used my 3 connections and here are is feedback :

- 3G Mobile card : working well I received this morning (French local time) the DB 2510 perfectly. This connection is a pro one so it's running through a VPN

- Wifi box : Error 732... it's yet a private (my home connection) with no proxy nor VPN

- High speed network : Error 732... that's my business connection and, as far as I know, it's using very similar protocol to 3G card.

So 1 is working, 2 are failing !

Note that all the 3 connections have been working for MBAM Updates since months !!

Consequently I think we can remove IE8, AVG or XP Firewall troubleshooting

Hi,

Here are some updates.

I tried DebugView, but nothing have been captured. Sorry.

I used my 3 connections and here are is feedback :

- 3G Mobile card : working well I received this morning (French local time) the DB 2510 perfectly. This connection is a pro one so it's running through a VPN

- Wifi box : Error 732... it's yet a private (my home connection) with no proxy nor VPN

- High speed network : Error 732... that's my business connection and, as far as I know, it's using very similar protocol to 3G card.

So 1 is working, 2 are failing !

Note that all the 3 connections have been working for MBAM Updates since months !!

Consequently I think we can remove IE8, AVG or XP Firewall troubleshooting

I would remove IE8, since that seems to be a concern of GT500. don't remove the other programs yet, do 1 at a time...

You can PM GT500 and copy & paste your thread in the message box with an update.

Sometimes IE8 installs can cause problems because it will often fail to reregister certain dll's needed for some functions to work, this could be the issue.

Windows XP

• Make sure you're logged in as an administrator
  • Click on Start and click Run
  • In the Run box type cmd and press Enter or click OK
  • In the black command prompt window enter the following lines one at a time and press Enter after each one:
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    regsvr32 jscript.dll

Windows Vista

• Click the Start Orb and type cmd
  • Right-click on cmd that appears at the top under Programs and select Run as administrator
  • Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • In the black command prompt window enter the following lines one at a time and press Enter after each one:
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll
    regsvr32 jscript.dll

After doing that, see if MBAM will successfully update on the machines that were having trouble.

Sometimes IE8 installs can cause problems because it will often fail to reregister certain dll's needed for some functions to work, this could be the issue.

Windows XP

• Click on Start and click Run

• In the Run box type cmd and press Enter or click OK

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

regsvr32 jscript.dll

After doing that, see if MBAM will successfully update on the machines that were having trouble.

Done, but no difference : still have the error 732

What happens when you set your home computer to use OpenDNS?

Sorry I don't know what's OpenDNS, I followed the link but it's still blurred to me.

Talking of my "home" computer do you mean my laptop (the pc that have MBAM update error) or one other pc connected to my "home box" ?

To give you the more information:

I have no MBAM update problem with my 2 home Pc's (to the box) and they both passed to IE8.

All the connections on my laptop (3Gcard, Business network, Wifi Box) are set to "automatic DNS" ... and as I said 1 is working, 2 others are not.

I hope that will help .

Try this advice by GT500 above: run DebugView (with all of the logging options except "Log Boot" enabled) while trying an update, and see if it sheds any light on the error.

Download the debug tool, unzip it to your desktop, click on the bug icon, when it starts, go to captions under captions, check all the boxs but Log Boot. Go to File, drop down to save file as txt to desktop -- it will record a log... Now try and update Malwarebytes, Let us know if an error 732 appears. Save the log. or post the log, so we can get GT500 to see it....

Sorry I don't know what's OpenDNS, I followed the link but it's still blurred to me.

Here's some instructions, assuming your computer has Windows XP, and you have administrator access to it.

Talking of my "home" computer do you mean my laptop (the pc that have MBAM update error) or one other pc connected to my "home box" ?

To give you the more information:

I have no MBAM update problem with my 2 home Pc's (to the box) and they both passed to IE8.

All the connections on my laptop (3Gcard, Business network, Wifi Box) are set to "automatic DNS" ... and as I said 1 is working, 2 others are not.

I thought you had a computer at home that was having update trouble. Is it just two computers at work then?

I thought you had a computer at home that was having update trouble. Is it just two computers at work then?

Hi GT500, I will try make it clear

I have this MBAM update trouble with my Laptop. I use it with 3 different connections : High-speed wired network at work, 3G card when being mobile, Wifi box when working at home. As I said, only the 3G card works fine for update.

At home I have a personal network with 2 PC's connected to the box, and MBAM works perfectly on both of them.

OK, now I understand. Laptop on three different connections.

Were you able to follow the directions for OpenDNS? Did they help at all?

Yes I did, I changed my DNS from "Automatic" to the set-up proposed by OpenDNS : 208.67 bla bla ... Unfortunately that's make no difference

Did you check IE's proxy settings ? Even disabled (greyed in the main interface), the parameters are stored, is the automatic settings detection checked ?

Are you using a proxy when the problem appears ?

Did you check IE's proxy settings ? Even disabled (greyed in the main interface), the parameters are stored, is the automatic settings detection checked ?

Are you using a proxy when the problem appears ?

I'm not using a proxy in any connection. Proxy settings is not checked in IE, and never was .

Could I try a "ping" to the MBAM update server with my different connections to see what happen ?

What is the IP address ?

Our update server are part of a Content Delivery Network that has hundreds or thousands of servers around the world. Supposedly you are supposed to download from a different server each time, but it doesn't always work that way.

Mine is connecting to cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net but it's probably different for you.

Try using TCPView to see if you can catch what server MBAM is trying to update from. All you have to do is start up TCPView, and when you run the update mbam.exe will show up in the list (with the red and white 'M' icon) and you can see what it's doing. After the update fails, right-click on the line in TCPView and select 'copy' from then list, and then paste it into a reply for me.

Hi GT500

I did it but can't see any line related to MBAM. The number of end points monitored is not changing when I launch MBAM update, or click the error window. The error window appears immediately, there is no delay ... it just looks like the query is not going out (no traces in TCPView, nor in Debugview!!!). Strange !

PS I sent you a PM