Version 1.29

• Root Admin

Version 1.29 (October 16th, 2008)

1. (FIXED) Drastically improved heuristics detections.

2. (ADDED) Brand new protection module.

3. (ADDED) Brand new scheduler, protection no longer has to run.

4. (ADDED) Support for Greek and Macedonian languages.

Recommended: Uninstall version 1.28 or earlier, restart your computer, and install the latest version.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uninstalling version 1.28 and installing version 1.29 went without any hiccups (it gave Scotty a nice juicy bone to chew on though :blink: ).

Quick scan ran without any problems:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.29

Database version: 1276

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

17/10/2008 6:27:27

mbam-log-2008-10-17 (06-27-27).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 59166

Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 7 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

And no problems with running a full scan either:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.29

Database version: 1276

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

17/10/2008 7:33:04

mbam-log-2008-10-17 (07-33-04).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 126848

Time elapsed: 56 minute(s), 15 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Kindly regards,

Mona.

I went to update 1.28's database, and it automatically downloaded 1.29 and prompted me to install. I decided to let it, and then read here that it was better to uninstall mbam first. So, I decided to uninstall 1.29, and it said it was successful but 'some components could not be uninstalled and can be removed manually"

I re installed 1.29 and everything seems to be running fine, but do you have any idea what the components that it couldn't remove are, and whether they will cause any problems?

Mine did the same as Insomniac did -- just came down the pipe so to say. I uninstalled it thru the CP Add/Remove and re-installed it.... I have Trend Micro Internet Security and it came up as spyware clicked on it for more details and got this page:

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/grayware/v...ME=JOKE%5FAGENT So I just put it in thr Turst area of the Trend Micro program.... you agree? comments? TIA......

Hello All,

I was also using version 1.28, this morning when I clicked on the 'update' button..the new software (ver.# 1.29) was automatically downloaded and installed. Everything seems to be fine, I truly think this software is some of the BEST I've EVER tried !! Thanks SO much..please keep up your GREAT work !!

David :blink:

Hmm, just somthing I noticed... After auto-updating from 1.28 to 1.29, and then uninstalling and re-installing 1.29 (simply because I read that you reccommended an uninstall first (although I probably already messed it up by updating straight from 1.28 to 1.29), the logs from all my previous scans were still there, even after the whole update-uninstall-reinstall process I went though. (Which probably wasn't neccissary anyway, lol) Is this intentional, to leave the logs behind on the pc even after it has been uninstalled?

Installed 1.29 automatically from updater. Shows 27 infected items from 10/10 SpywareGuard. Uninstalled and reinstalled, completed scan with no infections, however, still shows 27 items quarantined for SpywareGuard 10/10. Any suggestions?

Why does it automatically download and install the new build if the old should be uninstalled first? Also under the update section, latest news, the info {10/16/08} Version 1.29 released. A reinstall is strongly suggested??????

Is this intentional, to leave the logs behind on the pc even after it has been uninstalled?

Yes. Both logs and licence info are left behind in case you reinstall. They don't take up much space, so it's not considered a big deal if a user does not want to reinstall MBAM.

• Root Admin

OK, a slew of questions I am going to try to answer.

1. Yes, leaving the logs and quarantine is intentional in case anybody ever wants to retrieve them. They can be deleted manually.

2. 64-bit support is not yet there. We are still looking for a way to incorporate that. I have no idea when 'yet'.

3. Although we recommend a uninstall, restart, install, the internal updater 'should' work. If it works fine, great. If you have problems, just reinstall.

4. Again with Dr. Web? Well, luckily they are faster to answer than most.

1. Yes, leaving the logs and quarantine is intentional in case anybody ever wants to retrieve them. They can be deleted manually.

Could do like most other anti-malware products, ask the user if they want to keep them or not. Leftovers on uninstalls are bad.

I removed the whole program from the CP add/remove, then the registry, removed program, then leftover Application Data removed.... did a reboot, Did a clean reinstall this morning. Under the Update tab at the bottom it still says: Latest News (10/16/08) Version 1.29 Released A reinstall is strongly sugested.....Installed the license key ect.. works ok... let me know when you get around to this please.....thx...

I removed the whole program from the CP add/remove, then the registry, removed program, then leftover Application Data removed.... did a reboot, Did a clean reinstall this morning. Under the Update tab at the bottom it still says: Latest News (10/16/08) Version 1.29 Released A reinstall is strongly sugested.....Installed the license key ect.. works ok... let me know when you get around to this please.....thx...

Just to be sure: you didn't dowmload 1.29?

Just to be sure: you didn't dowmload 1.29?

Yes I did, its working, scanning, and under the update tab it still says: Latest News (10/16/08) Version 1.29 Released A reinstall is strongly sugested... ?? If we were to remove it until you send something else? I missed that post !!!!

please advise remove it or leave it?

Yes I did, its working, scanning, and under the update tab it still says: Latest News (10/16/08) Version 1.29 Released A reinstall is strongly sugested... ?? If we were to remove it until you send something else? I missed that post !!!!

please advise remove it or leave it?

same here!

And here too! :blink:

Concerning the post in French:

I think the translation of the first screenshot might be in English: "[OpenEvent] Failed to perform desired action. Error code: 2" and the translation of the second screenshot : "[CreateService] Failed to perform desired action. Error code: 1072".

I hope this can help Baignoire.

Kindly regards,

Mona.

With Version 1.29 when I right click the MBAM icon in the system tray and then select update the download screen appears, closes, and then nothing happens. It connects to SecurityWonks. It does not update or tell me that MBAM is up to date. However, I can update by opening MBAM and selecting the update tab.