Can't log in Windows 8.1

Hi, 

Today I noticed that my Malwarebytes Pro was not opened in the bottom right hand corner of Windows 8.1. So I went ahead and tried to open it by clicking on the desktop icon. I kept clicking on it and nothing would happen, so I went and reinstalled it. After that, It still would not open.. So I did some research online and found out about Malwarebytes Chameleon. I tried to open the program through that, got through a few steps, restarted my computer a few times and then I was just unable to log into my user on windows 8.1. Everytime I type in my PW, it loads for awhile then the screen turns black. I can still see my mouse but the screen is black. Before I tried using Chameleon. I tried reinstalling windows but that wouldn't work, kept getting a message saying that I'm missing drivers. I'm very confused about this, I'm very cautious about what I download. Is this related to the heartbleed virus or whatever? Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  and welcome to Malwarebytes forum.

Has your issue been resolved?   or are you still needing help?

If you do need help, tell me if you have the Windows 8 operating system DVD?  or if you had made a Windows 8 "rescue disc"?

Turn off your pc. Wait about a minute.
Restart your pc. And right away, tap & retap the F8 Function-key on your keyboard.

You should see Windows Advanced Options menu.
Select Safe Mode with Networking

Then let me know when the computer is in that way.

NOTE: if the F8 function key-method did not prove useable, some systems may use F5 instead.   And on some systems you may need to press the F2 function key to get hardware boot options.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!