Uninstalled app thing

Hello. I have a samsung galaxy note 2, running on a android 4.3( jelly bean, I think). My model number is SGH-I317M if it helps. Anyways, my problem is that MBAM mobile found 3 norton apps i deleted(one was norton spot, the others i can't remember). Also, when I looked in settings, the processes of those apps where there. Thanks for looking at this post.

Hi,

From what I understand from your post is that you used our Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile application to "delete" 3 norton apps that it found.  

However our application is not designed with the functionality to delete or un-install apps. It uses the built in Android Application Manager to "Force Close" applications and also to gather App Information. 

Please let me know if there is something that I can assist you with. 

Thanks,

Jerry Li

It sounds like you're dragging the icons / shortcuts (or possibly widgets) to the trash can which only removes them form the screen, just like on a Windows Desktop deleting a shortcut only removes the shortcut and does not actually uninstall the program.

On Android-based phones, the one way that is the same on all phones to uninstall a program is to go into Settings --> Apps,scroll through the Downloaded list and find the app you want to uninstall, and then press it and after a bit of time you'll see the full info page that *should* include an uninstall button near the top right.

***If the button is grayed out*** - check and see if there are any special steps to uninstall the program from Norton's website.  Also, if the programs were on your phone when you bought it, then they may be installed by either your Service Provider or else directly from the factory (Samsung) and may not be uninstallable.  If that is the case, you may have the option ot Disablethem instead of Uninstall.

HTH