An inquiry about bourn ISO files.

Hi everybody,

I have a file with extension ISO. And its size is 3.75GB. I want to burn it on a 4.7GB DVD. My question is: can I add other files to the list to be added with ISO file, or this will make the ISO file doesn't work after that.

Note: the ISO is not for OS or Bootable; however, it is a setup file.

On top of that, the ISO file which I want to burn on a DVD I have browsed via a Virtual CloneDrive. Then, I looked for a setup file and intalled it on my computer before during .

Thanks a lot,

• Root Admin

ISO files need to be "opened" to burn. If you burn it as a normal data file it will not be correct. They are sort of like a zip file. </p>

Depending on the program you're using to burn the ISO image it may or may not automate this for you.

What program are you using to burn with ?

For those users that need a FREE utility to properly burn the ISO image

ImgBurn

How to write an image file to a disc with ImgBurn

Yes you can do it, I do it all the time with UltraISO, and UltraISO can also help you to make it bootable, if you need a bootable DVD or if you need to burn Your ISO to a USB Drive. I do that when I'm working with Netbooks that only have USB Ports.

EZB Systems - UltraISO

UltraISO is a powerful and easy-to-use utility that can extract, create, edit, and convert CD/DVD image files. It can directly edit ISO files, make images from CD/DVD-ROMs, or create new one from files and folders on your computer. You have the option to make bootable CDs. In addition, UltraISO can convert nearly all known CD/DVD images to ISO, BIN/CUE, Nero (.NRG), or CloneCD (.CCD/.IMG/.SUB) format.

http://www.ezbsystems.com/enindex.html

Think you so much indeed.

I have UltraISO. And I have another program which call "Power 2GO which is integrated with Windows 7. Do you think this will do what I want?

84326885.png

The ISO file which I want to burn is a program of Dictionary, but it has setup file inside this ISO when I browsed through Virtual CloneDrive

This is the icon of ISO which I want to burn. The ISO file has the icon of Virtual CloneDrive

Its size is 3.74GB, so I want to add something else to be burn with it. Is is OK?

Sorry, I can't offer any help on Power2go, I don't own it and I have never used it. I have always relied on UltraISO, it works everything just great. It lets me add Files to an ISO Image. I can mount ISO Images and run in Virtual Mode. I can burn right From UltraISO. I can burn an ISO Image to a USB Drive with the greatest of ease. I can make Any ISO image Bootable and I can extract Bootable file to make a bootable.BIN that will make other DVD Bootable

• Root Admin

From ehow.com - How to burn an ISO image with Power2Go

1. Place a blank CD or DVD into your computer's optical drive.
  2. Start the Power2Go program.
  3. Click the program menu "Burning" and select the option "Burn Disc Image"
  4. Click the "Browse" button to open the browsing window
  5. Find the the image ISO file on your computer, then double-click the file
  6. Click the button "Burn" to burn the image on the disc.

Thank you all of you very much.

Have you a look at this screenshot please:

Because the size of ISO file is much less than size of DVD. So there is much space will be left. So, I want to add some files to the list of the ISO file.

98525675.png

• Root Admin

You cannot add a file with normal CD/DVD burning software without leaving the CD/DVD open for further writing and then going back and adding it and burn again. That is okay on a normal data disk but if its a bootable disk it would potentially break booting ability.

However using UltraISO, PowerISO, MagicISO all of which are geared towards allowing you to add files as you wish and also burn the disk too.

You cannot add a file with normal CD/DVD burning software without leaving the CD/DVD open for further writing and then going back and adding it and burn again. That is okay on a normal data disk but if its a bootable disk it would potentially break booting ability.

However using UltraISO, PowerISO, MagicISO all of which are geared towards allowing you to add files as you wish and also burn the disk too.

Why? Do you think that each ISO file is bootable?

If it might be yes, can I recreate this list of files with adding what I want to add to them as an ISO file?

You cannot add a file with normal CD/DVD burning software without leaving the CD/DVD open for further writing and then going back and adding it and burn again

Thanks a lot, but how can I leave the CD/DVD opened for further writing when I want to burn ISO file? As you see in that screenshot, there isn't any option.

An ISO is a File, Save the file, which close's the ISO

Thanks very much. I know that is is a file containing a list of files; however, I am asking how can I will add a file to that files list for ISO which I want to burn. Or how I can leave the CD/DVD open in order that I can I add file to it in the next time until a CD/DVD be filled.

As far as I know that when I want to collect data and then burn them on a CD/DVD, I can leave the CD/DVD open in order that I can add to it in the next time.

However, I don't now whether this will do with ISO or not.

The ISO is NOT Plastic Media, it's a large file made up of smaller files. You even have a gage on the upper right Window to make sure the size is not going to exceed the size media you plan to write too. The Bottom Windows is where you navigate to the files you want to add to your ISO in the Top Window. The Left Side of the Upper Window is the root of the DVD and the Right side is the Sub Contents of the Root.

• 2 weeks later...

Try downloading one of the ISO tools and use it to add what files you want to the ISO image and then use the tool to burn the CD for you.

I have looked in the inernet for 'ISO tools' but I didn't find one.

Are 'ultroISO, powerG2O and Niro not creating ISO files?

UltraISO can help you to also create ISO's. After it is Install, you will be able to go to your Windows Explorer, navigate to your Disk you want to make an ISO of, right click on the Disk and See the Ability to Create an ISO of the Disk. Or take a Directory of Files and make your own ISO on the fly..

UltraISO can help you to also create ISO's. After it is Install, you will be able to go to your Windows Explorer, navigate to your Disk you want to make an ISO of, right click on the Disk and See the Ability to Create an ISO of the Disk. Or take a Directory of Files and make your own ISO on the fly..

This is the window of ultralISO: Which part should I add my files in? I think in the half bottom part because there is a navigation. However, even if I add my files in this part, there isn't a burn button as in the half upper part.

72430564.png

Yes, the ISO Being Built is Built in the Top Window, The Burn Button is just below the Help on the menu line and just a little to the right. So yes you add From the Bottom Window to the Top Window. Be careful to watch the Disk Size in the top line right side. UltraISO can also Mount the Disk for you, to a Virtual CD/DVD Drive. If you want to do a remote Connect, I can help you a little More, just send me a PM.

For those users that need a FREE utility to properly burn an ISO image This is the best Free program - And here are the very simple details on how to do it - Note that you are not just copying any old CD for music or similar things, it is an ISO Image CD - ImgBurn How to write an image file to a disc with ImgBurn

Thank you so much indeed.

if you have a look at this file, you will find out that it is an iso file. Although is a copy on my computer, it is an iso file. Thus, I am asking how the designer who created that file as an iso file. He uploaded it in a free-hosting file site. I think if the iso files must be bruned in a CD/DVD only, then that desinger was not able to upload that file as an iso file.

81683162.png

Can I let a program(Ultroiso,ImgBurn..and so one) create an iso file and then save it on my computer instead of Cd/DVD?

First: I have downloaded that iso file which was uploaded at a free hosting file site, I have opened with a Virtual CloneDrive. Then, I have copied the files which inside iso file. After that, I have pasted them in another folder. Next, I have added to them some files. Finally, when I want to burn them (ImgBurn program) to creat another iso file, I didn't find files insid some folder during explorering

By the way, I didn't see any differences btween ImgBurn and Ultroiso.