RootKit.0Access.H

Welcome to the forum.

Please remove any usb or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!

Please download and run RogueKiller to your desktop.

For Windows XP, double-click to start.

For Vista or Windows 7, do a right-click on the program, select Run as Administrator to start, & when prompted Allow to run.

Click Scan to scan the system.

When the scan completes > Close out the program > Don't Fix anything!

Don't run any other options, they're not all bad!!!!!!!

Post back the report which should be located on your desktop.

MrC

Your computer is infected with a nasty rootkit. Please read the following information first.

You're infected with Rootkit.ZeroAccess, a BackDoor Trojan.

BACKDOOR WARNING

------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

I will try my best to clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards and......

• There's a possibility that you'll lose your internet connections which I may not be able to correct and will require a repair install.
  • There's also a possibility that during the cleaning procedure the computer will become unusable (won't boot) which will result in a repair install or complete format and install.
  • I strongly suggest you back up all of the important items on the system before we continue.

Please let me know you have read this and agree to it.

Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download and run ComboFix.

The most important things to remember when running it is to disable all your malware programs and run Combofix from your desktop.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix

http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Information on disabling your malware programs can be found Here.

Make sure you run ComboFix from your desktop.

Give it at least 30-45 minutes to finish if needed.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

---------->NOTE<----------

If you get the message Illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion after you run ComboFix....please reboot the computer, this should resolve the problem. You may have to do this several times if needed.

MrC

Looks Good.....

Please Update and run a Quick Scan with MBAM, post the report.

Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

Reboot and rescan the system with RogueKiller and post the new log.

Please let me know how computer is running now, MrC