mbamservice.exe

Hello!

What I wanted was a program that scanned my pc and then stopped scanning, leaving NO process's in memory. No nothing.

Mbam seemed to fit the bill. So I use it, update it etc.

Now what the heck is going on here? Why change a good product and add back in the stuff that I was TRYING to avoid!!!

And I can't think of ONE darn good reason.

If I could have an older version of Mbam and just update the virus profiles I would. But thats not how it works...

Do I have to go and find a replacement product?

Listen up, you just changed a keystone in your product pitch. Think about it.

How many people are thinking the same thing as me...

RobertF

Ps. When I stop Mabam from running I expect it to stop, dead. Just like the virus's it whacks, dead.

Greetings :)

If you're running the free version of MBAM, then mbamservice.exe does not run in the background. If using the PRO version (or the free trial of the PRO version) then mbamservice.exe does run in the background (it is used as a component of realtime protection and is also used for executing scheduled updates and scans).

We haven't changed that, it has always been that way.

Uh, sorry but I have had several "upgrades" of Mbam and none of them had mbamservice.exe in taskmanager before while Mbam is NOT running.

so please explain why this has changed? This in new. I know it's new because I have NEVER seen this before...

I like to keep tabs of things running. I used mabam because It had NOTHING up on the taskmanager when it was NOT running.

Now, Mabam is not running and yet mabamservice.exe is up. Whats up with that?

new? possibly...

RobertF.

It's like the old "standby" versus off actually unplugged from the wall off. If it's using memory space it's not "off"...

Dig it.

Hi, I'm out of the office and am on another machine...

I am suspecting that I may have opted for the "trial", and I am assuming that the "real time protection module" has been invoked...

This is all conjecture at the moment, when I get back to the office I will check.

I have just checked on another laptop I use and it does not have mbamservice.exe loaded.

as i have never tried the "trial" it might be that accidentally hit the trial button in a fit of passion and the rest they say is history...

Back with more info...

Robert

• 1 month later...

I have more than enough ram but i really dont like things running on my pc, unless they are being used.

i cant remember using the trial, infact i dont think i ever have used the trial vertion?

Iv used this programm for a few yrs now and until resently this has never run any prosesses unless i opened the program to scan.

This is how it should stay, why have something running on ur pc unless its being used?

When u keep adding things to ur software its all good and well but if its NOT running or being used, then give us the option to TURN IT OFF.

Please help me turn this off untill i need to scan my pc.

Greetings :)

As I stated above, mbamservice should not be running if you have the free version and did not accept the trial. If it is running, then do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here
  • Once you have it installed, make certain that when the program opens for the first time that you click on Decline to the trial offer